Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2018, 06:31 PM

Default 1911 firearm activity vs age

My wife and I recently submitted 1911 order packets. I have previously ordered and received Garands from the CMP, so I assume they already know about our firearm activity. I did not resupply this information. On the other hand, we are both over 60 years old as proven by our passport copies provided with the packet. Are we good with this part of the packet or do we resubmit (quickly)? John
Old 10-01-2018, 06:44 PM

Default age

As long as they were not in same envelope you are good to go.
Old 10-01-2018, 06:45 PM

John,

If you resubmit they will through both packets out. If you read and furnished all documents as required in the packet instructions you should be good. CMP 1911 does not have any of your information from where you and your wife ordered a M1 Garand, its completely separate org. Someone else may have more information but that is my understanding. There are many threads down below in this forum that talk about this.
Old 10-01-2018, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsweaver View Post
My wife and I recently submitted 1911 order packets. I have previously ordered and received Garands from the CMP, so I assume they already know about our firearm activity. I did not resupply this information. On the other hand, we are both over 60 years old as proven by our passport copies provided with the packet. Are we good with this part of the packet or do we resubmit (quickly)? John
The packet, and this forum are clear that CMP and CMP1911 are not the same. To get a CMP 1911 you must submit all documents listed even if some may be filed with CMP (a separate business entity).
Only one packet per person (and one person per packet), you can't resubmit without risking disqualification, also stated in a few places.

Good luck
JH

Zvenoman's Feedback Thread
Old 10-01-2018, 07:10 PM

Thanks for the reply's. We applied with completely separate applications and mailed in separate envelopes. If the wife gets one and I don't, I hope she will let me look at it and maybe shoot it. John
Old 10-01-2018, 07:24 PM

John,

I am sure you and your wife's packet will be good to go, now all we need "Lady Luck" on our side! LOL!!