Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2019, 10:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by General ike View Post
Hey all I have not been paying attention and just pretty much gave up since I heard nothing from the CMP. Are they still assigning numbers? Have they gone thru all the pistols available? I have searched but I couldn't find a good answer.

Can someone give me an update for those of us who have not heard at all from the CMP with regards to a number? Thanks Ike
If you haven't received your RGN you might want to read this....and PM 1911Admin.
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=243902

They have not run out of pistols yet....maybe half way through
Old 05-09-2019, 07:08 AM

Smile

Quote:
Hey all I have not been paying attention and just pretty much gave up since I heard nothing from the CMP. Are they still assigning numbers? Have they gone thru all the pistols available? I have searched but I couldn't find a good answer.

Can someone give me an update for those of us who have not heard at all from the CMP with regards to a number? Thanks Ike
General Ike, in addition to Shomway's good advice, check the official CMP 1911 webpage here: http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/1911-information/

I do so everyday (along with the Garand Rifle Sales page) just to be sure I haven't missed something important.

Rick
Old 05-09-2019, 11:44 AM

Well that's an interesting turn of events!!! I have not been following along with the threads as I usually do due to "life" getting in the way. I had given up on getting a pistol since I never got a number and I assumed that my app never got there, it was eaten by some machine etc. A few days ago I got a email from CMP to update my expired FFL. I couldn't understand why since I had no number. Well today I got an email asking me to call to complete my order!!!!!!! I have a service grade coming in tomorrow!!!!!

Wow talk about going from 0 to 50!!!! I guess the email with my number never got to me.

So there is hope for us hopeless!!! Thanks for the responses. Ike
Old 05-09-2019, 11:46 AM

What was your number, or you didn't ask?
Old 05-09-2019, 07:43 PM

Never got it and CMP did not have it readily available. I figure there was no reason to waste their time trying to find it.

Is it on the paperwork when the pistol arrives? Thanks Ike
Old 05-10-2019, 07:36 AM

FWIW - I did not find my randomly generated number on the paperwork shipped with my pistol.
Old 05-10-2019, 08:49 AM

Smile

Quote:
Well that's an interesting turn of events!!! I have not been following along with the threads as I usually do due to "life" getting in the way. I had given up on getting a pistol since I never got a number and I assumed that my app never got there, it was eaten by some machine etc. A few days ago I got a email from CMP to update my expired FFL. I couldn't understand why since I had no number. Well today I got an email asking me to call to complete my order!!!!!!! I have a service grade coming in tomorrow!!!!!

Wow talk about going from 0 to 50!!!! I guess the email with my number never got to me.

So there is hope for us hopeless!!! Thanks for the responses. Ike
FYI, that email requesting you call them means they tried to contact you by email but didn't get through for some reason. The link I gave you to their website lists all the official info, including reasons why they're unable to get through to some people. You might want to check to see if any of those reasons apply to you and can be straightened out since others may be having difficulty getting to you without you knowing.

In any case, congratulations on your new pistol you're getting today!

Rick
Old 05-30-2019, 06:16 PM

If I'm seeing numbers being called that are over 400 ahead of me should I contact CMP? I'm 5509 and several up to 5900+ have been called. Seems that there is a spot in the 5500's that have been delayed. Thanks!
Old 05-30-2019, 07:07 PM

I noticed the out of sequence too. My son has 555X, and he hasn't been called.

***UPDATE: He got the call today, all three grades were available. Service grade was selected.

Last edited by Birdogz; 06-03-2019 at 04:19 PM.
Old 05-31-2019, 01:17 PM

yes I'm noticing the same thing with the numbers being notified and trying not to get nervous. Waiting on 5545 to get a call/notified.