Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondog View Post
I have what I understand to be a "Quality Hardware stock, made by Rockola". Inside the sling cutout it's stamped "Q-RM" in 1/8" letters, looks like there may have been something after the "M", and I can see a faint outline of a rectangle around the letters. Has a small crossed cannons stamp on the right side, about 1" in front of the oiler cutout. All very faint and well-worn or previously sanded.

I'm told it's rare and valuable, is it?
The letter after the "M" is "C", "Q-RMC".

All of Quality Hardware's stocks came from Rockola and were marked either "RMC" (very early, and not to be confused with some late war cherry stocks, also marked "RMC") or "Q-RMC". Quality produced just shy of 360,000 carbines, placing them in the middle on the scarcity scale. Rarity and value are subjective terms. Many factors determine value, the most important being condition of the stock.

All human situations have their inconveniences. We feel those of the present but neither see nor feel those of the future; and hence we often make troublesome changes without amendment, and frequently for the worse.
Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)