Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > National Matches - Camp Perry
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2017, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootsy View Post
You lost me...
Lost you huh? Read the info on the Nov 11-12 GSM (GSV, GSM, GSVM??) Perry match. Petraca range, six relays each day, $40 per match. Actually you are limited to firing once per day--that seems somewhat inexplicable. I'm guessing they won't be turning away shooters. In fact...having noted the single digit participation in some of the matches....and the target problems, and the November date (on the shores of Lake Erie), I predict an interesting weekend. I hope CMP can make the electronic targets work. I have seen them work properly and they have great potential. There is however, the matter of "price point". A few years ago the issued ammo was worth more than the match fees and today we face a confusing mix of match fees that stifles participation. I am willing to pay $30-35 for the 800 or EIC, but definately not $40 for 30rnd GSVM. The practice of reducing fees for multiple matches at CP and regional games works well, IMO. I do not feel that this matter of fees has been properly worked out and in the absence of rock solid performance of the targets, I believe that the choice of price points is hurting match participation (and the bottom line). Good Shooting. ...
Old 09-20-2017, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadkingtrax View Post
New target systems that are regarded as faster and more efficient should equate more time to shoot.

For the cost of entry I've suggested/submitted we get a sitting stage for all C&R travel games, etc. to justify the cost and time involved.
In my experance it results in more time to drive home

I'm sitting this one out I'm not shooting on kts again until I leg out.... so at this rate maybe 2025
Old 09-20-2017, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finch View Post
In my experance it results in more time to drive home

I'm sitting this one out I'm not shooting on kts again until I leg out.... so at this rate maybe 2025
You'll see them out West (games matches), unless you're showing up for the Cup matches. I'm looking forward to some good weather and good shooting at Ben Avery.
Old 09-20-2017, 01:45 PM

Only the cup for me. Which I'm told are on paper
Old 09-20-2017, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finch View Post
Only the cup for me. Which I'm told are on paper
Not for you.