Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > Garand, Springfield, Military Rifle and Rimfire Matches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2018, 04:55 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by K31Schmidt View Post
The record was broken twice that day both times were K31's
Sammy had the record by x count for 30 minutes, also broke the junior record but can't claim it since he's on a military shooting team.

He was using my rifle and handloads, funny part was he had to google what a k31 was. He fired 35 rounds that day (left handed) with no prior handling of it.
I asked if he wanted to take it home and practice, "No, I just would like to borrow it again at Perry next year"

Sammy is also trying to break Dennis Demille's 03A3 record, he missed it by 1 point in 2017
I was scorer for Sammy for his Vintage Springfield match. He called every shot perfectly. Good thing I went first or I might have walked off the line so I didn't embarrass myself to him.

He told me he was going for the record when we were in the pits and I thought that pretty brash until I saw him shoot. It isn't bragging if you can do it!
Appleseed Instructor
Old 02-08-2018, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadence View Post
I was scorer for Sammy for his Vintage Springfield match. He called every shot perfectly. Good thing I went first or I might have walked off the line so I didn't embarrass myself to him.

He told me he was going for the record when we were in the pits and I thought that pretty brash until I saw him shoot. It isn't bragging if you can do it!
Yes, he has been trying for the past couple years. In his mind he's just claiming a goal and has been shooting since 5 years old (?) not sure on the age. But he was coaching at our Clinic at 8 years old.

I was on the line next to Dennis when he set that record, impressive to see him post that score.