Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Auction
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-21-2017, 03:52 PM
CounterMeasure CounterMeasure is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 856
Default Auction shipping times?

Got the paperwork in the mail for a recent win, and made sure to write "Attn: Auction Sales" all over this one this time around so it doesn't spend a ton of time stuck with the rest of the rifle orders like last time.

Are there any rough estimates on how far out they are on shipping auction items?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-21-2017, 05:59 PM
Big_Red Big_Red is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: TX
Posts: 1,887
Default

They have a dedicated person to process auction orders, so they are quick.
Historically they ship inside of 14 days from when you get your DBU.
__________________
Proud son of a Vietnam Veteran (1969, 1970) - In memoriam
OEF - '02, '08 / OIF - '03, '10 / OND - '11 / OIR/OEF - '15

CMP Customer / GCA Member / VFW & NRA Life Member


Feedback Thread: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=137544
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-21-2017, 06:42 PM
613jmm 613jmm is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 1,232
Default

I was surprised at how long mine took. I won 2 auctions on May 4th, and they shipped June 6th . But that was back in 2013 so maybe things have changed.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-21-2017, 10:13 PM
CounterMeasure CounterMeasure is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 856
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Red View Post
They have a dedicated person to process auction orders, so they are quick.
Historically they ship inside of 14 days from when you get your DBU.
Thank you sir, that timeline works for me. Did not know if there was some recent sales release that skyrocketed the mail that would mean I need to give move time for DBU.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-22-2017, 01:34 AM
Big_Red Big_Red is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: TX
Posts: 1,887
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CounterMeasure View Post
Thank you sir, that timeline works for me. Did not know if there was some recent sales release that skyrocketed the mail that would mean I need to give move time for DBU.
Yes sir, and that brings up a good clarification...the mail all gets deposited and sorted the same. So, yes, a large volume of mail can slow down delivery of auction mail.
And you must make sure you mark it "ATTN: Auction Sales" so that when it is sorted, it will get routed to the auction folks.
Otherwise, it will get sorted with all the other orders and they will get to it when they open the envelope, whenever that may be, and who know how long it could take to process...
__________________
Proud son of a Vietnam Veteran (1969, 1970) - In memoriam
OEF - '02, '08 / OIF - '03, '10 / OND - '11 / OIR/OEF - '15

CMP Customer / GCA Member / VFW & NRA Life Member


Feedback Thread: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=137544
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-23-2017, 09:14 PM
Ohio Don Ohio Don is online now
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: S Florida and SE Ohio
Posts: 4,145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CounterMeasure View Post
Got the paperwork in the mail for a recent win, and made sure to write "Attn: Auction Sales" all over this one this time around so it doesn't spend a ton of time stuck with the rest of the rifle orders like last time.

Are there any rough estimates on how far out they are on shipping auction items?
Back at the end of Sept I sent in on Sept 25th and received on Oct 3. Just a hair over a week from mailing to in my hands.
__________________
NRA Life member
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor,RSO
US Army Transportation and Medical Corps Museums Life member
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-24-2017, 02:43 PM
CounterMeasure CounterMeasure is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 856
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Don View Post
Back at the end of Sept I sent in on Sept 25th and received on Oct 3. Just a hair over a week from mailing to in my hands.
Thanks. Looks like my paperwork made it there yesterday, so the clock's ticking to pick a Garand that leaves the safe to make room for this new item. I really cannot get another firearm in either safe, and my wife has said no to a bigger safe given the pain to get it upstairs across brand new carpet.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-27-2017, 06:28 PM
GuapoPogi GuapoPogi is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 892
Default

I just won an auction last Saturday and got my paperwork in the mail on Monday but nothing is showing on my account yet, no charge to my card or any e-mails yet.

GuapoPogi
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-27-2017, 09:01 PM
CounterMeasure CounterMeasure is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 856
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuapoPogi View Post
I just won an auction last Saturday and got my paperwork in the mail on Monday but nothing is showing on my account yet, no charge to my card or any e-mails yet.

GuapoPogi
My paperwork arrived Monday and haven't heard anything either. I guess the auction person was on vacation this last week.

I am sure there will be movement next week.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-30-2017, 12:21 PM
CounterMeasure CounterMeasure is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 856
Default

I got the auction-specific DBU email this morning, and looks like the order hit my account as well as my CC to boot. So I expect we'll all see shipments soon.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:51 AM.