Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Auction
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2018, 12:03 PM

Default Anybody home in Anniston this week?

I won an auction over the weekend, but never received any email with the expected sales completion information. I've sent at least 3 follow-up email requests, called and left 2 messages, and have spent at least 2 hours at various times on hold listening to repetitive new-age music and being told "you are caller #1", estimated hold time is 1 minute". Humorously, this morning when I tried again to call, I was told I was caller #7, and the hold time was 1 minute :-)

Is everybody off on winter vacation this week or something? I've never had problems in the past reaching a human down there, but this week, seems nobody is home.
Old 01-11-2018, 12:15 PM

Default Working

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckin-on View Post
I won an auction over the weekend, but never received any email with the expected sales completion information. I've sent at least 3 follow-up email requests, called and left 2 messages, and have spent at least 2 hours at various times on hold listening to repetitive new-age music and being told "you are caller #1", estimated hold time is 1 minute". Humorously, this morning when I tried again to call, I was told I was caller #7, and the hold time was 1 minute :-)

Is everybody off on winter vacation this week or something? I've never had problems in the past reaching a human down there, but this week, seems nobody is home.
They are home and working... Assume your talking about CMP?
Old 01-11-2018, 12:56 PM

I called Anniston spent 23 minutes on hold yesterday for absolutely nothing, for about the first 15 minutes I was always told by the recording I was caller #2 and estimated hold time is about 3 minutes, later said I slipped to caller # 7 with no explanation, after 23 minutes on hold went to someone's voice mail. WTF. Extremely poor customer service.
Old 01-11-2018, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by navynambu View Post
I called Anniston spent 23 minutes on hold yesterday for absolutely nothing, for about the first 15 minutes I was always told by the recording I was caller #2 and estimated hold time is about 3 minutes, later said I slipped to caller # 7 with no explanation, after 23 minutes on hold went to someone's voice mail. WTF. Extremely poor customer service.
Yep - my experience almost exactly. I waited on hold for ~30 mins (thankfully I was busy working on something while waiting...), finally the call just went to voice-mail. I left a message - again, but again, no call-back after 2 days. Clearly something is amiss. Perhaps their phone system is screwed-up?
Old 01-11-2018, 02:03 PM

Email has always worked the best with the CMP for me. And I believe auction personnel are different or at least have different responsibilities. Maybe they are unusually busy? Good luck!!
Old 01-11-2018, 03:29 PM

There was a post by one of the moderators that the phone lines, messaging, and emails are all jammed up with an overload of stupid questions about 1911's. That is the reason for the delay. It is the amount of baloney that the staff has to sift through in order to handle legitimate customers in need like yourself.
Old 01-11-2018, 03:39 PM

Default Phone volume at store

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranehunter View Post
There was a post by one of the moderators that the phone lines, messaging, and emails are all jammed up with an overload of stupid questions about 1911's. That is the reason for the delay. It is the amount of baloney that the staff has to sift through in order to handle legitimate customers in need like yourself.
I will second this.... Being a frequent visitor to the store I see daily that the staff is continually answering the photo and answering the same questions which are clearly posted on CMP website. It has gotten much worst since the announcement about 1911ís and the Philippine rifle return. I believe they do their best to stay ahead of the volume, recommendation would be to use email if you canít find the information on the website. They process 250-300 orders a day.
Old 01-11-2018, 03:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranehunter View Post
And here I thought the entire staff was at the docks welcoming home the ship with the Philippine Garands...
Old 01-11-2018, 04:13 PM

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....highlight=1911
Old 01-11-2018, 05:20 PM

Default ss

Got a call back from Mike at the South Store today and he said that everytime someone mentions 1911's they get bombarded with telephone calls and email wanting to purchase one or more information. He said people are sending in orders already. I know I am just a poor country boy from Georgia, BUT WHAT PART OF "wE HAVE NO INFORMATION AT THIS TIME AND WHEN WE DO HAVE ANY IT WILL BE POSTED ON OUR WEB SITE. WE DO NOT HAVE THE NEW ORDER FORMS AT THIS TIME BUT WILL HAVE THEM ON THE SITE 60-90 days PRIOR TO THE SALE OF THE 1911'S, ARE PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTANDING?????
Me i would rather the sales girls process my order rather then answer phones about the 1911's. He said the last few days they had so many calls it shut the system down. He said they also get 500-1000 emails about the same thing and it takes time to get to the legit emails.