Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask Each Other
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2018, 11:35 AM

Default Barn Cats ...

Had a junker 1982 Diesel Rabbit I home built out of many different year parts. Once driving down the highway I saw a tiny nose with long hairs poking out of one of the dash air conditioner vents. MICE in the car. Never smelt them over the diesel stink.

Just left one window down. The barn cats took care of the rest inside. Later I pulled quite a nest out of the air cleaner can. Pesky boogers! I wondered why the little car was running so bad and smoking. Seems mice vs pistons and valves ... mice lose.
Old 02-12-2018, 04:33 PM

My problem was with chipmunks, they got into the heater/ac unit. Took to Dodge repair shop. They took out 6 d.o.a.s.
Old 02-16-2018, 09:45 PM

I had this happen during a rebuild last year. Moth balls work great to keep them out, but a better mechanic is definitely the route to go.
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=134567
Old 02-16-2018, 10:49 PM

we pull mice/rats dead and alive from cars all the time. they seem to like refrence volatage wires? Firewall insulation is high on their list also.
Fun times.... I am not sure if this is a fault of the mechanic. I doubt he would have seen the back seat but I honeslty hope if he did see it hewould have cleaned it up. I for one would have taken pictures and at least vacuumed it.

Oh and the windows need not be down they can get in other ways. plenty of places for them to squeeze in
Old 02-17-2018, 12:54 PM

Put a cat in the car. Rats don't even like the smell of a cat. Roof rats will vacate the attic when you get a cat.
Old 02-17-2018, 12:58 PM

The rats and mice laughed at our shop cat, he could not kill the Bstards fast enough
Old 02-17-2018, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac1911 View Post
we pull mice/rats dead and alive from cars all the time. they seem to like refrence volatage wires? Firewall insulation is high on their list also.
Fun times.... I am not sure if this is a fault of the mechanic. I doubt he would have seen the back seat but I honeslty hope if he did see it he would have cleaned it up. I for one would have taken pictures and at least vacuumed it.

Oh and the windows need not be down they can get in other ways. plenty of places for them to squeeze in
He could not have missed it. It wasn't just in the back. There was chewed up ketchup packets all over the driver's floor, some on the driver's seat and rat crap on the seats. As soon as I opened the door I saw it.
Click Here For My Feedback

In honor of my father, Howard C. Ricks. Corporal, Co. E, 2nd Battalion, 20th Marine Engineers, 4th Marine Division. Later renamed Co. B, 4th Pioneer Battalion after Marianna Operation. Service dates February 1943 to October 31, 1945, Combat action: Roi-Namur, Saipan, Tinian and Iwo Jima. His rifle SA 893999 met "Captain Crunch".
http://wwiimemorial.com/Registry/pla...oreeID=1841138
Old 02-17-2018, 03:49 PM

Fabric? Plastic insulation on wiring? Pffttt; lemme' tell ya about 'Hacksaw'...

Spent a Summer and one semester doing concrete testing on-site (big state project) for college roomie; he'd already gotten his sheepskin.

His lab, and he liked to cook. Only some canned grub did not stay in the fridge. Everything else? Fridge or else. One morning, I went for Pop-Tarts mega pack I left the day before. The PET foil was shredded. "I told ya'", roomie said.

Next night, I put a piece of string cheese with peanut butter in a screw-top empty aluminum beer can. Hammered the top, so no one [noTHING] would unscrew it. Then some knife slashes to smell the grub. Next day, knife holes were BIG.

Come to think about it; we never did look at the corners of the fridge...

Did any Americans STOP waving their US Flags on /09/11/01, because their arms were tired from waving it on 09/10/01?