Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2019, 11:09 AM

Default RM1 Service Grade very nice!

Want to thank everyone at the Anniston facility and the CMP overall for sending me a really nice rifle. Service Grade with nice finish on all parts plus a new walnut stock. ME=1TE=3 and shoots great. Stripped down upon receiving, cleaned and greased. It was spotless throughout, no grime or nasty stuff. Shot at 100 yds yesterday and had sights dialed within 6 shots. Ran a second clip and it was more fun than I’ve had in a long time. Rifle was super smooth in operation. Picked up two cases of 150 grain Creedmoor ammo at 25% off with rifle purchase and it is very good quality. Thanks for all the hard work CMP!
Semper Fi!
Mark B.

Last edited by Kilo 3/5; 10-23-2019 at 11:12 AM.
Old 10-23-2019, 08:10 PM

Mark,

Welcome aboard. Hope you plan on staying a while. If you care to share more info and pics, please do. What manufacture and serial range? Are you knowledgeable about Garands? If you are, that's great. If you want to learn more just ask. Either way. Congrats. CMP comes thru again! Is this your first CMP Garand?

Tony
Old 10-23-2019, 10:02 PM

I have 4 M1 Garands two of which are CMP rifles. This particular rifle was a first time for me to order directly from the CMP. Itís a Springfield #4252315 with an SA barrel of 2-53. Rifle should be a 2-53 build approx. so the two may be original to each other. Only part not SA that I can see is the safety, itís WRA. I know enough to confuse myself and others. Lots of reading but months between trying to identify parts means I need to keep looking things up. This rifle is a great shooter. I posted a thread about it with pics on the M1Garandforum.com site. Thanks for the welcome Tony.
MB