Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2014, 08:37 PM

Default store report 5/24

The South Store looked like a drill rifle store today. My brother and I got there at about 8:30 and it was crowded. There was one FG HRA left that my brother grabbed as his first M1. No FG SAs. I was shopping for a SG C and a SG D. There was only one SG C and one FG C. I took the FG. There was one RG M1D and about 10 FGs. No SGs. I took a nice FG. There were 3 NMs, about 10 specials and about 10 308 specials. A few air rifles. That was it for guns that would actually fire. There were racks of drill rifles in several varieties. They did have some ammo. Linked 06, 30 carbine, 556, match 556 and 06. No 22LR. A box of rusty carbine mags. 6 M14 stocks. Some barreled 22 receivers and some 22 stocks.
Old 05-24-2014, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggarandise View Post
The South Store looked like a drill rifle store today. My brother and I got there at about 8:30 and it was crowded. There was one FG HRA left that my brother grabbed as his first M1. No FG SAs. I was shopping for a SG C and a SG D. There was only one SG C and one FG C. I took the FG. There was one RG M1D and about 10 FGs. No SGs. I took a nice FG. There were 3 NMs, about 10 specials and about 10 308 specials. A few air rifles. That was it for guns that would actually fire. There were racks of drill rifles in several varieties. They did have some ammo. Linked 06, 30 carbine, 556, match 556 and 06. No 22LR. A box of rusty carbine mags. 6 M14 stocks. Some barreled 22 receivers and some 22 stocks.
Thanks for the report, sounds kinda sparse. Did you notice who the linked 06 maker was?
Old 05-24-2014, 09:49 PM

I just looked at one can of cloth linked and it was mid 60s HXP.
Old 05-25-2014, 07:07 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftsman View Post
Thanks for the report, sounds kinda sparse. Did you notice who the linked 06 maker was?
As I reported in the 23 May update, here is the low-down on the belted and linked ammo:

Just before closing, Jeremy did bring out some ammo. In addition to most of the ammo that was there yesterday, they brought out the following:
1. 16 cans of British "K" 1953 head-stamped M2 equivalent, 250 rounds each in VG condition cloth belts with starters. Apparently, it is corrosive (ETA: This was by consensus of the store staff...nothing definitive). $125
Talking with Orest, it showed up from Greece mixed in with the HXP, so some of it may have been HXP. Almost all the cans are original marked WWII cans; unfortunately, they are all in various stages of rust.
2. 7 boxes of the API, 100 rounds each for the same price as on e-store when they were there...$275.
3. 12 cans of linked Remington (RA) 1954 head-stamped M2 ball in metal links with starters. All post-war ammo cans in various conditions. $125

At 0930, I helped Mike pull the linked Remington and take it in the back as it was not loaded in the computer and it was causing fits for the two ladies working orders, and they were busy in the morning. If you already had it in your paperwork (which I did thankfully), they honored it. Once it's loaded, they'll put it back on the floor.

Aggarandise sums up the rifle situation perfectly...nothing was brought out the entire day. After the initial morning rush, there were a total of three customers the rest of the day, and none after 1300.
Mike and I passed the time breaking down darn near every drill rifle just to see what parts were in them! Found an early IHC and a Winchester receiver, and a wide variety of parts from all 4 manufacturers, spanning from 1941 to post-Korean War.
Even with the lack of rifles and activity, hated to see the day and trip come to an end.

CMP Customer / GCA Member / VFW & NRA Life Member

Feedback Thread: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=137544

Last edited by Big_Red; 05-25-2014 at 07:12 AM.
Old 05-25-2014, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Red View Post
As I reported in the 23 May update, here is the low-down on the belted and linked ammo:

Just before closing, Jeremy did bring out some ammo. In addition to most of the ammo that was there yesterday, they brought out the following:
1. 16 cans of British "K" 1953 head-stamped M2 equivalent, 250 rounds each in VG condition cloth belts with starters. Apparently, it is corrosive (ETA: This was by consensus of the store staff...nothing definitive). $125
Talking with Orest, it showed up from Greece mixed in with the HXP, so some of it may have been HXP. Almost all the cans are original marked WWII cans; unfortunately, they are all in various stages of rust.
2. 7 boxes of the API, 100 rounds each for the same price as on e-store when they were there...$275.
3. 12 cans of linked Remington (RA) 1954 head-stamped M2 ball in metal links with starters. All post-war ammo cans in various conditions. $125

At 0930, I helped Mike pull the linked Remington and take it in the back as it was not loaded in the computer and it was causing fits for the two ladies working orders, and they were busy in the morning. If you already had it in your paperwork (which I did thankfully), they honored it. Once it's loaded, they'll put it back on the floor.

Aggarandise sums up the rifle situation perfectly...nothing was brought out the entire day. After the initial morning rush, there were a total of three customers the rest of the day, and none after 1300.
Mike and I passed the time breaking down darn near every drill rifle just to see what parts were in them! Found an early IHC and a Winchester receiver, and a wide variety of parts from all 4 manufacturers, spanning from 1941 to post-Korean War.
Even with the lack of rifles and activity, hated to see the day and trip come to an end.
Nice, thank you. Hoping I get lucky and score the RA for the 2 cans I ordered during the 2 hrs it was available on e store. Very nice gift from the CMP to price this at .50 pr/rnd.
Old 05-25-2014, 10:46 AM

The snipers are near the end for sure.