Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2018, 02:59 PM

Just throwing this out there. Someone in another topic said they mailed their packet in 'certified'. I think this means that is has to be signed for at the post office. I am pretty sure cmp1911admin said that they will not be going to the post office to sign for and pick up order packets. Don't ask for 'certified' service when at the post office.
Old 09-04-2018, 03:26 PM

Don't quote me on this, but Certified Delivery generally means letting you know if it was delivered. I believe you can send an item Certified Delivery with the Green Card returned to you without requesting a signature to whom it was delivered.

I am thinking that a Tracking Number will do the same thing, which is to let you know it was delivered. Even Overnight Express can be used if you leave off the "Signature Requested" part.

Others more versed in this than me will chime in for sure.
Old 09-04-2018, 03:27 PM

Yes, if it is sent without a signature required then things should be ok.
Old 09-04-2018, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1911admin View Post
A few have not only sent their packets in early but have done so by Register Mail which requires a signature. As the carriers cannot access our building they must leave the notice in our mail box telling us where to go to pick up the packets. Well THAT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, we do not have the time or staff to be running to the Post Office, FedEx, UPS, to pick up mail. For those that have already sent their packets early you are SOL, sorry about that. For those that can read and sent their packets in between 9/4/18 and 10/4/18, this also applies to you. Also please do not call or email customer service or me wanting to know if we have received your packet or what your status is, We will notifiy you as soon as we can, but it will take awhile. FYI we have received around 150 packets so far, can't wait to see what came in over the weekend
Hi,
If I sent my packet in the today, within the correct time period, but didn't know not to send it Certified (signature required) USPS, what is your advice? Send another packet with no signature required?
Thanks for your help,
Tom
Old 09-04-2018, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve9 View Post
Federal law requires logging incoming firearms by serial number in the FFL's
"book"...
There actually is a time frame of allowed time that is involved between when it arrives and when it has to be logged in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BATFE
1. Dealer Acquisitions:
Generally, for licensed dealers the purchase or other acquisition of a firearm shall be recorded not later than the close of the next business day following the date of the acquisition or purchase. However, if commercial records containing the required information are available for inspection and are separate from other commercial documents, dealers have 7 days from the time of receipt to record the receipt in the acquisition and disposition (A&D) record.
Old 09-04-2018, 05:47 PM

In regard to the notary section, the girl doing mine was surprised there wasnt a specific place to stamp it.
Old 09-04-2018, 05:48 PM

Consider this: Sending items to CMP requiring a signature adds work to the CMP.
Doesn't seem like anything to the sender......
JH
Old 09-04-2018, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZvenoMan View Post
Consider this: Sending items to CMP requiring a signature adds work to the CMP.
Doesn't seem like anything to the sender......
JH
Totally agree in retrospect. Mistake made in the heat of the moment at the USPS. Although, the instructions,for the which I read carefully, never said not to. The predicament for me now is that the instructions clearly say only one packet per person can be submitted. I would hate for them to somehow get 2 and discard them both. I will wait to make sure they don't get it and then send a second. This was the reason for my question to CMP admin. Not because I was panicked.
Old 09-04-2018, 08:01 PM

Just don't send it COD as one person has, sorry not going to pay $18.00.
Old 09-04-2018, 08:33 PM

Two first class stamps for me.

USPS is safe and reliable.
Closed Thread