Old 12-10-2009, 08:56 PM

[QUOTE=bob moore;16540]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob moore View Post
Great idea.
I'm in eastern PA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by diver View Post
I'm in. Eastern PA, a stone's throw away from Bob.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterX View Post
Central Pa here , I don't need anything from the CMP at the moment but that has never stopped me before.
I suppose I MAY take a trip when they get a new load of the '06 ammo in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EM1/SS View Post
I live in western PA about 3 hours away. If your coming from NY, I could meet you at the turnpike and split the gas from there. I would like to go after the new year when they have more ammo.

Ken
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaCCaL View Post
Eastern, PA - Are there any car pools going anytime soon to the North store. I live in Eastern, PA and want to head out to pick up my first Garand. Do they sell the CMP Special at this store or just the service and rack grades? Thanks, please let me know...

Another PA guy planning on a trip to CMP North store soon. I have an nice Springfield M1. Now I am itching to get a Carbine. I am in south central PA right along the turnpike (Bedford). It will be all I can do to make it past Christmas. Just sent my GCA membership in to complete all my qualifications. I have an S-10 and can take one (comfortably). Sounds like most of you are going to wait till the greek ammo comes in. I got a good bit of LC brass and reload for my M1. So I am not gonna wait for the ammo.

SaCCal, sounds like your ready to go any day. Where are you located? I could meet you at the turnpike and drive from there. I just want to plan on getting there when they open on a weekday. I have personal day from work left and plan on burning it for a carbine. I heard weekends are really nutty. Let me know what you think.

CM
Old 12-10-2009, 08:59 PM

im in Attica. when they get ammo seams to be the best time to go.
Rem 870 12G
https://www.gunpal.com/gp just like paypal but not anti gun.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:14 PM

I'm just trolling around looking at pics of carbines. I wanna go tomorrow!!! but I can't.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:04 PM

Thumbs up Trip To Garand Heaven!

[QUOTE=Chunky Monkey;25834]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob moore View Post

Another PA guy planning on a trip to CMP North store soon. I have an nice Springfield M1. Now I am itching to get a Carbine. I am in south central PA right along the turnpike (Bedford). It will be all I can do to make it past Christmas. Just sent my GCA membership in to complete all my qualifications. I have an S-10 and can take one (comfortably). Sounds like most of you are going to wait till the greek ammo comes in. I got a good bit of LC brass and reload for my M1. So I am not gonna wait for the ammo.

SaCCal, sounds like your ready to go any day. Where are you located? I could meet you at the turnpike and drive from there. I just want to plan on getting there when they open on a weekday. I have personal day from work left and plan on burning it for a carbine. I heard weekends are really nutty. Let me know what you think.

CM
Hey, great, yes I am ready to go any day. I sent in my GCA membership last Thursday, should be there by now. I live in the Quakertown area. I probably will drive as I may have 1 or 2 others who want to come with me, I have a minivan which will probably be more comfortable and roomy for all... I have to check with my boss to see if I can get a day or 2 off next week, I will get back to you and let you know. Thanks...
Old 12-10-2009, 10:08 PM

[QUOTE=SaCCaL;25900]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunky Monkey View Post
Hey, great, yes I am ready to go any day. I sent in my GCA membership last Thursday, should be there by now. I live in the Quakertown area. I probably will drive as I may have 1 or 2 others who want to come with me, I have a minivan which will probably be more comfortable and roomy for all... I have to check with my boss to see if I can get a day or 2 off next week, I will get back to you and let you know. Thanks...
Just sent my GCA membership in this week, not sure how long it takes. Keep me posted. PM sent.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:00 AM

I would be interested in going from SE PA, but probably more likely in February/March timeframe due to the fact that the tax man will be returning some money to me around then And the SGs may return to the store then.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to deputy85

im in kansas by the superspeedway1-70 and 435 close by, i could easily catch a ride if this is anyones route of travel
Old 12-11-2009, 03:29 PM

Central PA about 50mi north of Harrisburg. will share expenses.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford7379trucks View Post
im in Attica. when they get ammo seams to be the best time to go.
Will touch base in a couple months. Assuming you're thinking I90 could easily meet at rt. 77 or Transit Rd interchange.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramiller View Post
Central PA about 50mi north of Harrisburg. will share expenses.
I am actually thinking of leaving tonight to get there for tomorrow morning opening. I am coming from Eastern PA, I 80 would be my way of travel. Anyone interested? I would probably be leaving here by 12:30am or so.