Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2019, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob30-06 View Post
That was a really pretty rifle for sure.
I take it you did not get the HRA you were looking at and it might even still be at the store?
Rob
Thanks! The budget would really only allow for a 1903. HRA could be there I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftsman View Post
That's a beauty for sure, congratulations!

That C stock alone is worth $400+, and will certainly make it an excellent and comfortable shooter.
What vintage is it, a pre or postwar C?
Thank you! Not really sure on the vintage. The stock has a GM-K in a box rebuild marking and a 5/42 SA marked barrel.
Old 11-19-2019, 06:27 PM

[QUOTE=AFJon;1887113]Thanks! The budget would really only allow for a 1903. HRA could be there I guess.

That uncut WRA op-rod is calling to me
Old 11-23-2019, 07:19 PM

Anyone observe any higher number IHCs like in the 5.2+ range. Like to find one with a barrel dated 11-55.
Old 11-23-2019, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer1 View Post
Anyone observe any higher number IHCs like in the 5.2+ range. Like to find one with a barrel dated 11-55.
5.2 IHCs are in the Gap Letter and HRA/IHC range and not very likely to be found at the store. They are not very common.
You might keep an eye on the CMP Auction for one to show up there.
Even with that the highest dated IHC barrel I have recorded so far is 5-55 I believe.

Rob
Old 11-26-2019, 10:00 AM

Rob. That WRA cartouche is really something else. I saw your first pic zoomed out and I was like "I don't get it", then you zoomed in to the cartouche and I was like I sure hope you got a nice Winchester for that to go on!

I'm still planning to get outside at somepoint and take some photos of my 44 Garand. I've been a bit distracted lately. Especially with my first Carbine. I just ordered a correct stock for it. Now I'm looking for a bolt and flip sight.
Old 11-28-2019, 12:08 AM

Is there usually someone there at the store that can help you pick out something good?
I'm sure I don't have nearly the knowledge as those guys down there so I would need as much help as possible.
I was toying with driving down tomorrow to be there for Black Friday or even Saturday.
Think the place would still be stocked?
Old 11-28-2019, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dganaden View Post
Is there usually someone there at the store that can help you pick out something good?
I'm sure I don't have nearly the knowledge as those guys down there so I would need as much help as possible.
I was toying with driving down tomorrow to be there for Black Friday or even Saturday.
Tom Taylor (PH68) is generally there at opening each day the store is open. If he is not there, the staff is also very helpful. There are also times when one of the regular customers are there to lend a new customer a hand.

The store is closed this weekend for the Holiday though.

Rob
Old 11-28-2019, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dganaden View Post
I seen on the Talladega Marksmanship Park Facebook page. They said that they would be open November 29th at 9am.
Old 11-28-2019, 09:07 AM

Default Vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob30-06 View Post
Tom Taylor (PH68) is generally there at opening each day the store is open. If he is not there, the staff is also very helpful. There are also times when one of the regular customers are there to lend a new customer a hand.

The store is closed this weekend for the Holiday though.

Rob
I would be glad to help but I will be on a cruise vacation and not back in the store until December 19th....
Old 11-28-2019, 02:11 PM

Tom--Happy Thanksgiving______enjoy your cruse!!