Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Ammunition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2011, 05:02 PM

Default Hornady Ammo

Here is an eight shot group using the pricey Hornady ammo. I had one flyer(center target). I was using my favorite FG, but forgot to bring my tuned trigger group with me. It was about 60 yards, sunny, and no wind. Hopefully I can get out next week, and bring a better gun to use. IMO, for the guy that doesn't reload, and can afford it, it's certainly worth checking out.
Charlie
Old 10-09-2011, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie59 View Post
Here is an eight shot group using the pricey Hornady ammo. I had one flyer(center target). I was using my favorite FG, but forgot to bring my tuned trigger group with me. It was about 60 yards, sunny, and no wind. Hopefully I can get out next week, and bring a better gun to use. IMO, for the guy that doesn't reload, and can afford it, it's certainly worth checking out.
Charlie
Glad to hear you like the Hornady A-Max ammo. I just bought a case from the CMP, and will use it for the first time, next Saturday's XTC match. I will use it for the 20 shot, 600 yrd prone relay, only. HXP will have to suffice at 200 & 300 yrd lines. I'd go broke, popin off 80 rounds of it, per match!
Old 10-09-2011, 05:26 PM

I liked the corrosive I tried, too. The left target is TW 45, and the center is RA 44. The left target is only seven shots-I had one dud. I might also use a bolt gun to try some of this out. I wonder if customer service will send me a single round if I return the dud?