Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > Parts For Sale or Trade > Other
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 10:10 AM

Default WTS: *SPF*WWI Colt 1911 MFG 1918 (MN)

*Sold Pending funds*
Here is the next one to go

I'm mainly looking for a straight out sell but I would consider a trade for a nice IHC M1 Garand or a Colt AR .223/.556 Lightweight Carbine Upper plus cash difference.

This is a very nice Colt 1911 service pistol with U.S. Holster and belt.
This 1911 was manufactured in 1918 and still has its original finish. The holster is manufactured by Warren Leather Goods Company and has a 1917 manufacture date. The 65 photo slideshow will tell you more about this Colt than I can describe here. Pay close attention to the pictures of the left grip. There are four scribed lines that indicate someone was keeping track of something. Maybe Kill Marks??? Please email me at drharm@msn.com with any questions. The first unconditional "I'll take it" gets it.

Link to 65 photo slideshow:
http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/f...view=slideshow

Price: *SOLD*

I will consider reasonable offers. I will not respond to lowballers.

This handgun must ship to either a C&R or 01FFL.

Payment by USPS Money Order gets quickest shipping. All other forms of payment will require bank clearance before shipping.

Thank you,
drharm

Last edited by drharm; 11-30-2012 at 06:06 PM. Reason: reduced price
Old 11-12-2012, 02:34 PM

There is actually a hit on the SRS on this pistol. Looks to be a hit in 1939 in Illinois and an inquiry.

516207 042239 CHAMPAIGN ILL
516207 050439 INQUIRY FROM OO
Old 11-12-2012, 03:01 PM

That is all the info I have on it. The SRS just lists a serial number and gives a date of where it was at a certain time.

You can send off for the copy of the record of the serial from the SRS, but it is very expensive and anymore the SRS is very unreliable. So you might pay for it, and never get the record. Since the new guy took over the SRS is a joke.

Most likely your pistol was at a National Guard or reserve unit in Illinois on 4/22/1939. I don't know if a military base was there during WWII or not. If there wasn't it would be a reserve or national guard unit. The inquiry is anyone's guess on what that was. Probably an invoice of weapons on hand during an inventory or something like that.

But that is all the info I have on it.

Last edited by cplnorton; 11-12-2012 at 03:08 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cplnorton View Post
That is all the info I have on it. The SRS just lists a serial number and gives a date of where it was at a certain time.
I don't understand when folks are being helpful, but ASSUME that everyone knows what they are talking about. obviously, your usage of SRS and acting like this is common knowledge confused folks

It would be helpful to tell folks, where you go the info, so they can then help others
Old 11-12-2012, 03:25 PM

Back in the day, before about 2000. There used to be a website, where you could type in your serial number and it would look to see if there was any record on your serial found in the national archives.

Then if you got a hit, it would give you just a basic description like the info above. Then you would send in like $25 or whatever it cost, I can't remember, and they would send you a copy of the record that your serial number was found on.

Basically the info above is a short description of the original document in the archives.

Frank Mallory also sold the list of serial numbers in book form and at the time, 3.5 floppy drive. I think I paid close to a $1000 for the lists of serial numbers for all the different military guns going back to the turn of the century. Not many did this as it was free at the time on the internet. But then Frank died, and I believe his son took over, the son took down the website and will not reproduce or sell copies of the lists like his dad did. And from all accounts I have heard, he will take your money, but not return anything to you in exchange for it. From what I heard and the few times I personally tried to contact him. The SRS is pretty well dead. Which is a real shame because it's was a really great service.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:45 PM

Thank you sir, I was just confused.

Ed
Old 11-27-2012, 10:12 AM

To the top with one time reduction before going to GB Auction.

Reduced to $2000 shipped.

Thanks
drharm
Old 11-30-2012, 11:25 AM

I placed this Colt on GB Auction.
I will continue to sell it here at a lower price until it takes a bid and then this post will be terminated.
If you would like to purchase this Colt, post, pm or email me an "I'll take it" and I'll terminate the auction.

Reduced CMP Forum Price $1950 shipped
I will consider all reasonable offers. I will not reply to low-ball offers.

Thank you,
drharm
Closed Thread