Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > Site Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2015, 08:16 AM
Forum Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyBGood View Post
Sirs,how about a section on forums devoted to the Talladega Marksmanship Park?
Example:directions and map,procedures to use,upcoming matches and events.
Chat room for discussion of facility,about range conditions,light and wind,equipement.
contacts for instruction,registration.
Just a one stop shopping for all things relating to the Park.
Great idea.
http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=108
Old 09-01-2015, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilo-Sierra View Post
Maybe i can help.

1) Yes, Creedmoor Sports has a ProShop inside the clubhouse. They have a pretty good selection of goodies. If they don't have it there, they will carry it to the ProShop from the main store for you. They do that everyday. I have asked them to do it several times. Works great. Call aheqad and make sure they have it. Do it a couple of days before you go so they have time to get it over there.

2) You can pay for the High Power range (the big range). Once you pay for that , you can go to the other ranges down the hill for no additional cost. BUT....if you pay for a lesser costing range you can NOT go up the hill. EX. you can't pay for a pistol bay and then go UP to the rifle ranges.

3) You pay for 1 shooter on one lane. It's never crowded so your shootin' bud just gets the lane next to you. If you pay, you get your own lane.

4) They are VERY accommodating getting your gear to the firing line even if you aren't disabled. You pay, borrow a golf cart, load your gear on it and drive right up to your firing point and unload. Take the golf cart back and then walk through the clubhouse back to your firing point. When you're done shooting just reverse the order. There is no charge for the golf cart and it makes life WAY easier.

HTH...if you have other questions give me a shout. You will have a GREAT time!

Keith Schachle
This a great to hear. I'm disabled and was wondering what accommodations are available. I need to be able to park directly in front of the shooting lane if at all possible.

I ran into a problem when using a range in Louisiana with my son. It was very easy to drive and unload at the shooting point but the range officer wouldn't allow it. We had to park in the main parking area and carry all our gear about 200 yards to the firing point. Her I was, disabled and using a wheel chair. How was I going to carry all my gear while in a wheel chair. When I confronted the range officer explaining the Americans with Disabilities Act he said the had never heard of it. I then asked if we could at least drive to the shooting point, unload, then park he said, "No, it's not our problem." My son had to load me up with gear, push me to the firing point, then make a couple more trips ferrying gear.

When I returned home I fired off a series of e-mails to the LA Dept. of Wildlife and Fisheries who oversees the range with copies to several politicians. In the reply I received there was a statement that "They were catering to the majority and couldn't be concerned with the few who didn't fit in." They said they would look into getting some wheel barrows, wagons or perhaps a golf cart. I have never been back to that range.

It would be great to have a forum dedicated to the range. We also could use a FAQ and detailed list of the facilities and all accommodations for elderly and disabled. The more info, the better.
Click Here For My Feedback

In honor of my father, Howard C. Ricks. Corporal, Co. E, 2nd Battalion, 20th Marine Engineers, 4th Marine Division. Later renamed Co. B, 4th Pioneer Battalion after Marianna Operation. Service dates February 1943 to October 31, 1945, Combat action: Roi-Namur, Saipan, Tinian and Iwo Jima. His rifle SA 893999 met "Captain Crunch".
http://wwiimemorial.com/Registry/pla...oreeID=1841138
Old 09-01-2015, 11:11 AM

I saw a person shooting from a wheelchair at the 100 yard range. Parking is maybe ten yards from the range.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:07 PM

Thank-you to those who answered my questions. I really was not expecting answers, I was really trying to show that there is a lack of information on the CMP web site and that there is a need for the forum that the original poster was suggesting.

GuapoPogi
Old 09-03-2015, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigman2 View Post
This a great to hear. I'm disabled and was wondering what accommodations are available. I need to be able to park directly in front of the shooting lane if at all possible.

I ran into a problem when using a range in Louisiana with my son. It was very easy to drive and unload at the shooting point but the range officer wouldn't allow it. We had to park in the main parking area and carry all our gear about 200 yards to the firing point. Her I was, disabled and using a wheel chair. How was I going to carry all my gear while in a wheel chair. When I confronted the range officer explaining the Americans with Disabilities Act he said the had never heard of it. I then asked if we could at least drive to the shooting point, unload, then park he said, "No, it's not our problem." My son had to load me up with gear, push me to the firing point, then make a couple more trips ferrying gear.

When I returned home I fired off a series of e-mails to the LA Dept. of Wildlife and Fisheries who oversees the range with copies to several politicians. In the reply I received there was a statement that "They were catering to the majority and couldn't be concerned with the few who didn't fit in." They said they would look into getting some wheel barrows, wagons or perhaps a golf cart. I have never been back to that range.

It would be great to have a forum dedicated to the range. We also could use a FAQ and detailed list of the facilities and all accommodations for elderly and disabled. The more info, the better.
I think your treatment down there was disgusting. Can guarantee the CMP folks and any NORMAL person will treat you much better at Talladega. They also have bathrooms and water fountains on each end of the firing line on the HP range. Hope you get a chance to enjoy the range soon!

Keith Schachle

Keith Schachle

Distinguished Rifleman Badge #2287
NRA XTC Service Rifle- High Master
NRA Midrange - High Master
CMP XTC Service Rifle - Master
CMP Master Instructor
Almost Perfect Attendance in the 3rd grade