Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1A/M14
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2018, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
Save your $$$ and when you can swing it let Shuff do your build. He warranties the receiver mods for life
Well that pretty much puts to bed the worry about replacement parts.
Old 01-15-2018, 03:35 AM

I have decided to buy a grade C receiver and have Tim do the work.
Old 01-15-2018, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ordmm View Post
Well that pretty much puts to bed the worry about replacement parts.
parts should always be around. I had mine built years before the BM59 craze started and the glut of imported parts and I was able to find them
Old 01-15-2018, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhunt14 View Post
I have decided to buy a grade C receiver and have Tim do the work.
The smartest way to go IMHO.

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=220125
Old 01-15-2018, 03:20 PM

I saved up and bought a loose Garand Italian Beretta-made Danish receiver from one on the people on the CMP classifieds; was about $425, so it matched all the PB parts. Eventually, I had Shuff cut the receiver, put a barrel on it, assemble, and park it. I wouldn't buy an off-brand receiver unit, using kit parts, as you won't be able to sell it later without a loss. You can buy a real BM59 around here for about $1700 or so, maybe less...
Old 01-29-2018, 06:41 PM

+ 1 for Tim Shufflin. I have had 2 receivers milled into BM59's from another vendor and the slop in the front mag catch was unacceptable, the bolt stop was machined incorrectly and the magazine would not lock in,so to compensate they machined the bolt stop,again unacceptable. I had a BM14 made by Shufflin before he started the BM59 builds and 1 BM59 receiver milled by Shufflin and I conveyed to him that I did not want the issues found on the builds from the other builder,he listened and delivered the goods that exceeded my expectations
I have been around the BM59 game for along time and believe me when I tell you he is the best out there for your build. I will not disclose who the shitty builder is,because he is no longer doing them, so it is a moot point. A little Google fu and you can figure it out.
It may at times sound like I am a "Shill" For Shufflin, I am certainly not, I would rather point fellow BM59 fans in to right direction and learn from my mistakes!
I have seen builds by other builders,that are master machinists and they are top not, but they are not doing them commercially.
Ask yourself this question. If you purchase a lemon from one of the other builders who is going to fix it ? If they could not
get it right the first time what makes you think that they can fix it ?

Last edited by mikebaker1129; 01-29-2018 at 06:53 PM.