Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > Site Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 07:13 PM

It's a shame that dealing with this drew focus from what's important.

I hope this helps you folks focus on the mission, Orest.

Online forums are notoriously problematic. For those who cant police themselves, you're going to destroy this for everyone...get a grip and knock it off.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:49 PM

I think this decision was a crap decision.

I don't see why you admins have to do a darn thing regarding feedback. Feedback is a tool for us. We can use it to make our own decisions and we have the option to evaluate good or bad feedback for what ever it may be worth.

Put it back up!

If someone has a problem they can deal with it. You admins need not even look at it.

Just my respectful opinion.

Mike
Pinson, Alabama
Old 02-25-2014, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weimar_police View Post
yes, I like the ratings also

And PLEASE change the trader rule that says that if you don't have CMP Customer you must have full name and state in there. Heck, I already do and planned on it, but since I am a customer but they no longer use that, then how can it be a requirement?
The problem with having "CMP Customer" listed by their name is they no longer do that for new members.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:18 PM

I have never blasted or even complained publicly about anything that the CMP has done because, well, we are extremely lucky to get to buy the weapons and participate in what they offer.

BUT....This was a bogus decision. I worked extremely hard to always leave feedback for people and to make things work right with the itrader function. Yes, I had quite a few (more than 50) positives and was still at 100% and was proud of that.

Ghost, whoever made the decision to drop it without giving anyone any kind of notice dropped the ball, in a bad way! I have never seen the CMP not take care of their customers (and, I bet, the vast majority of regular posters are customers) but this is really surprising. If there is a problem that the moderators couldn't or wouldn't handle then the offending parties should have been eliminated, mods included!

Bad, bad job ladies and gentlemen!

Fortes Fortuna juvat

2nd Bn, 3rd Marines

Buy now worry about later, later.--Bob Moore, 12/10

My feedback thread http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....ghlight=dstout 50+ positives before it was destroyed

Last edited by Dstout; 02-25-2014 at 09:20 PM.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:35 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dstout View Post
If there is a problem that the moderators couldn't or wouldn't handle then the offending parties should have been eliminated, mods included!

Bad, bad job ladies and gentlemen!
For the record, this change came as a total surprise me me as well. So let's not be so quick to start calling for peoples heads. There is nothing here the mods wont handle and I often refer to Ghost or Orest for further guidance. We also rely heavily on the "Report" feature so that you can alert us to something that is not appropriate.

Whatever the real reason for this change will eventually come to light, but for now I ask you have a little patience while things get sorted out. The sky is not falling, the forums will continue to operate as normal, just without Itrader.

I had over 50 positives, so I feel your pain as well.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:47 PM

I don't like it but can accept it..... Its their ball in their yard....
(fake feedback is too easy and screws people on GB, Gun Auction, Ebay...... here, not now )
now we can do something about people putting wtb in the wts forums!
Ask other known members before you buy, good idea anyway

one time Itrader of 60+

Last edited by rekkert; 02-25-2014 at 10:50 PM.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:48 AM

Wow iTrader gone. I had a few positive feedbacks but all gone now. Sorry to see it go but I understand some abuse the system.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:46 AM

Just saw this...I sympathize with those who had lots of positive ratings; but like many, been here less than 2 years but think I had no ratings...neutral...maybe we could link ratings elsewhere...e.g. I have well over 100 at 100% on ebay.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:57 AM
CMP Board Member

we have received your feedback on the decision and read that few who have posted on this thread liked the decision and you think it was a dumb move and I should be castigated or worse.

You are entitled to your opinion. I will concedet that the next 500 posters here will also not like the decision. It will not reverse the fact that the data is gone.

If anyone wants to continue trying to find an alternate way to rate each other, please do so.