Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > Site Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 12:54 PM

That's a darn shame. It's another example a few ruining things for everyone. I think the wood shed option would have been preferred!
Registered Voter

Last edited by AFBerryfarmer; 02-24-2014 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Auto correct didn't say what I wanted to say.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:59 PM

What's going on in laymen terms
Old 02-24-2014, 01:05 PM

If you'll notice now, on the right side of the replies where people had their feedback score number showing they had verified good transactions and were good to go to do business with. Now thats gone, so there will be no way to verify past history of someones previous transactions.

I typically stand behind the CMP's actions, but I can't get behind this. If they need help, add moderators, don't punish those of us that feed our hobby here
Old 02-24-2014, 01:07 PM

This is why we can't have nice things.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:13 PM

I guess this means we'll need to start using the Buyer/Seller Feedback section to - well, leave feedback for a member. That member can then leave the link to his/her feedback thread in his/her signature, much like what's done on other forums. A bit of an inconvenience, especially for those who had a lot of positive ratings, but it is what it is

Please leave feedback here: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=33711
Old 02-24-2014, 01:20 PM

Could we leave feedback in the sale thread then have the seller lock it. At least one could find some history or at least get a referral. I finally sold a couple things and had a couple buyers go out on a limb and take me at my word, now I have no record of it. The bad one tenth of a percent always ruin it for everyone else.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:20 PM

yes, I like the ratings also

And PLEASE change the trader rule that says that if you don't have CMP Customer you must have full name and state in there. Heck, I already do and planned on it, but since I am a customer but they no longer use that, then how can it be a requirement?
Old 02-24-2014, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostInTheMachine View Post
Just an FYI,
After several users abusing the feedback system, we have decided to remove the plug-in all together. It will not be brought back, apologies to those who were using it correctly.

It is too time consuming for staff to cipher through the legitimate complaints vs those who were abusing it.

Caveat emptor

-GitM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co2Chief1947 View Post
This is really going to make it tough not being able to least check to see if they had any feedback??? Wish there was a some other way instead of dumping the feedback numbers. What a shame
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Det. Jason 714 View Post
This is why we can't have nice things.
I feel like a little piece of me is gone….

TW56
Old 02-24-2014, 01:24 PM

For those of us who have done a lot of transactions and been on a while, at least we kind of know who is usually on and is trustworthy. Doesn't mean it doesn't suck though. At times based on feedback I shipped prior to payment out of convenience because of my work schedule. It will be a situation where we play it by ear and see how it goes. Not that we have much choice. Hopefully the classifieds don't go the rout of some of the other selling sites where fraud is rampant.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:26 PM

Post count can give you some idea as well...
Closed Thread