Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > Site Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyrifle View Post
Post count can give you some idea as well...
That not true, nor is join date. I've seen both lead to scams
Old 02-24-2014, 01:30 PM

Wow, 150+ positive feedback removed because I did nothing wrong.

I wish they would ban the offending parties instead of punishing the entire forum.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:31 PM

A microcosm of what our nation has become. The majority must suffer for the indiscretions of the few. I've worked hard for my feedback but I guess, like the POTUS says, "I didn't build that"
Old 02-24-2014, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird View Post
Wow, 150+ positive feedback removed because I did nothing wrong.

I wish they would ban the offending parties instead of punishing the entire forum.
+1
Registered Voter
Old 02-24-2014, 01:32 PM

Dang!
I was just getting some positive feedback built up so guys would know I am OK to deal with. Guess it will be word of mouth, now.
Being addicted to, er customer of, Ebay for many years now I have come to rely on the Seller Feedback to know basically who I am dealing with and generally do not deal with any dealer that has less than 100% positive feedback. I believe that policy has saved me some hassle and increased my enjoyment of the hobbies I engage in. 100% positive feedback does not guarantee you will not have a problem, but it does cut down on the likelihood significantly, and it takes targeted effort on the part of the seller to maintain it.
Shame to loose it for the CMP Forum. Less likely to deal here if I have no idea who I'm dealing with, though all my experiences to date have been very good and in some cases leading to new friendships.

my thoughts on this,
Rob
Old 02-24-2014, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostInTheMachine View Post
Just an FYI,
After several users abusing the feedback system, we have decided to remove the plug-in all together. It will not be brought back, apologies to those who were using it correctly.

It is too time consuming for staff to cipher through the legitimate complaints vs those who were abusing it.

Caveat emptor

-GitM
LOL, Really? Just wait. You only thought you had complaints to deal with before.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:45 PM
CMP Board Member

folks, I made the decision to shut down the feedback board, not just because of questionable negative ratings, but also because of questionable positive ratings. In addition, each time some rates, that is an email that moderators get that has to be looked at and evaluated. It was just taking too much uncompensated time.

In addition to the routine ratings, we also receive emails asking that ratings be removed, negative and sometimes positive. Who do we believe - the rater or the ratee (or rat when applicable). "Proof can be falsified". It is a no-win situation for us.

I completely understand the camaraderie and service that the CMP forum provides, but I also have to balance it with cost and benefits to CMP.

As a warning of "possible" things to come, if I get many more complaints about disagreements between buyers and sellers asking the CMP to take any action - those forums may also be shut down. You use those forums at your own risk.

thanks for understanding that those forums were not designed to make extra work for the CMP staff or threatened lawsuits if we failed to take action.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:46 PM

Thumbs down

BIG BROTHER SPEAKS.
Bay of Pigs Fiasco
TIN CAN sailor
VFW LIFE member
NRA LIFE member.

Last edited by LEAD POISON; 02-24-2014 at 06:28 PM.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:47 PM

Seems we are migrating toward being ever more scam friendly.

No more minimum posts
Can now sell for friends
No more "CMP Customer" monicher
Now elimination of feedback

Not ideal

I would vote (but don't have one) to ban the perpetrators. The problem (whatever it is) will cure itself shortly thereafter. Last time I checked there was no 10th Amendment Right to participate in this forum.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:50 PM

I've personally witnessed feedback being used for retaliatory purposes so although I'm disappointed, in a way this doesn't surprise me very much.

Speaking as a moderator of another forum, it is truly a pain when staff are forced into moderating buy & sell transactions so I understand the sentiment. Administrative overhead is a very real concern.

Looking forward, I certainly hope that the CMP forums keeps operating into the forseeable future - it seems like every time I search the Web for firearms info I'm looking for, ~ half the time I get links back to an older CMP forums thread. Definitely a very good and reliable source of info with maximum signal-to-noise ratio.

I have also seen another non-profit forum (owned & hosted by a profitable manufacturer) get closed down, with the subsequent loss of archival information which was literally irreplaceable.

Last edited by Kestrel4k; 02-24-2014 at 01:53 PM.
Closed Thread