Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > Site Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2015, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnmccoy View Post
Thank You Mark!
+1!
Old 07-24-2015, 07:48 PM

I would be bummed if the marketplace went away.. I'll have bought from here so far is a bore snake. haha
Old 07-24-2015, 08:02 PM

I have been away from the forum for 12 hours. Anything new going on?
Old 07-24-2015, 08:17 PM

It was announced this morning the buy/sell/trade forums were slated to be deleted on Monday. It's been halted for another 8 weeks for now.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:41 PM

Let the high dollar, questionably acquired, assuredly assembled, tax free rifle sales continue!
Old 07-24-2015, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by col b View Post
Ghost, I would just ignore them as a matter of policy. Something to the effect, "We assume no responsibility for member WTS postings or private transactions occuring on this forum. We will not acknowledge or respond to questions or concerns regarding these activities. These are private transactions wholly between the buyer and seller and will remain as such."
+++++!,000 and take the disagreement/negotiation/resolution off line…...
USMC Ret. 1986, US Army Civilian Retired 2011

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell
Old 07-24-2015, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Johnson View Post
Approximately 95% of our complaints from the forum originate from Buy/Sale/Trade. We will leave it open eight more weeks and see if things change. As for letting someone else handle the conduct of the forum... It has CMP's name on it and therefore we have to handle it. Hopefully we can keep it going forward. We sure don't want any "knee jerking" or non-Mr. Michaels like activity going on....
Quote:
Originally Posted by cplnorton View Post
For the most part our reputations mean more than anything. We should police our own. Post a release saying you assume no responsibility and do not contact us.
A thought about the policing our own idea. In lieu of sole CMP oversight of the conduct of the forum, we could ask for volunteers from within the forum community to be moderators/administrators of the forum. The mods/admins would police the ranks of the community and monitor the conduct of the forum, especially on the Marketplace section. CMP would still have ultimate oversight and authority, but the mods would/should be able to handle the large majority of complaints. CMP would only need to become involved in the most extreme instances. I would be very surprised if none of the membership volunteered their services.

This is the only forum in which I participate, so I can't say for sure, but I would have to think that other forums out there operate similarly.
Old 07-24-2015, 09:24 PM

Thank thanks thanks happy happy happy
Old 07-24-2015, 09:25 PM

Thank you CMP! Hopefully, forum members will open their eyes and see what a great service you provide with this forum and the marketplace can remain open. I understand your stance in that CMP's name is on the forum so you feel an obligation to moderate it. We as users must ALL realize that online sales and trades might not always be smooth and end as we wish. If a deal goes bad it is the responsibility of the parties involved to resolve it, NOT CMPs. Again, Thank you! Brian
Old 07-24-2015, 09:50 PM

Bravo -- good call. I have bought and sold on the marketplace forum well over a hundred times, I am sure, and never had a single issue. If I sold something someone wasn't happy with, I'd simply ask them to send it back and refund their money. Likewise, if I bought something I wasn't happy with, I'd expect the same. If that didn't happen, there's a feedback forum where I could warn others to avoid that member. Not sure what else the moderators can do.

I sure am glad the marketplace will stay (for now)!

(Now, who's the dummy who kept pestering the CMP staff about this? Let me get my pitchfork...)