Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1A/M14
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2017, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Det. Jason 714 View Post
I appreciate the idea, I would have to un-learn alot if I switched.
This 100%.............. that why even as a lefty, I don't bother with any of these left-handed rifles. ..........to "unlearn" all those habits isn't worth it........... in fact, sometimes, it's even easier to shoot left handed with "right-rifles."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuceguy View Post
These are good days for the M1A
How so?
The market in general is at a glut. But the M1A is even worse off: ie. GWLA is out of business (and not because they ran out of product to sell), the demand for M1A's remains even lower than the broader market, and there is no reason to think that any of that will change.

The M1A market is limping along as it has for decades now.......

And how many lefties are going to buy a left-handed M1A?
This will help Bulas business how?

Last edited by Big_Red; 12-22-2017 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Merge consecutive posts - multi quote
Old 12-21-2017, 01:14 PM

[QUOTE=Gewehr43;1666184]How so?

Bought a Bula xM21 barrelled receiver with nm med wt barrel and their parts kit over the summer. Just over 1400.

They make parts and they arenít as expensive as USGI.
Old 12-21-2017, 01:39 PM

Southpaw here and learned the M14 in the Navy and that's the way I prefer it today. The only firearms I purchase today made for lefties are bolt action rifles. It makes it so much easier to work the action and stay on target. Semi auto rifles and shotguns are fine right handed as are pistols for me, I adapt as lefties have to do.
Old 12-21-2017, 02:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gewehr43 View Post
How so?
The market in general is at a glut. But the M1A is even worse off: ie. GWLA is out of business (and not because they ran out of product to sell), the demand for M1A's remains even lower than the broader market, and there is no reason to think that any of that will change.

Because there are only about 450,000 M1A / M14 rifles in the USA, I don't see the market exploding anytime soon. However, my M1A / M14 products are selling at a steady pace, and other suppliers of the higher quality parts & pieces for the M1A / M14 are not experiencing a drop in normal business.

Last edited by H2O MAN; 12-21-2017 at 02:25 PM.
Old 12-21-2017, 03:12 PM

Quote:
How so?

And how many lefties are going to buy a left-handed M1A?
This will help Bulas business how?
M14 type rifles are selling at reasonable clip as innovations are catching the interest of new shooters.
GWLA is out of business because they were lead astray by misinformation as to what the market was for custom receivers during their preliminaries. The owner had some very interesting reports. They tried and failed. That is just one tiny company with but one cnc machine and one operator. They, according to them, had the capacity of producing one receiver per day. Really insignificant.
Per requests from some shooters, it appears that Bula is attempting to supply what is asked for. Pretty cool in this day and age.
We have to give them credit for supporting our hobby and listening to customers requests. The fact that they make the majority of the M14 rifle parts in house and are also a USGI supplier of certain parts is fantastic.
Old 12-21-2017, 04:19 PM

Jeff Miller is a good dude. And is doing exactly what needs to be done to continue the M1A platform. I hope he offers.260 Rem.
Old 12-21-2017, 04:21 PM

[QUOTE=Deuceguy;1666188]
Quote:
How so?

Bought a Bula xM21 barrelled receiver with nm med wt barrel and their parts kit over the summer. Just over 1400.

They make parts and they arenít as expensive as USGI.
Oh, Ok....
I gotcha............ and the Bula products seem very well made.
Thanks for the info!
Old 12-21-2017, 04:24 PM

Speaking as a new owner to the M1A/M1 platform. I jumped in because I think the AR is so boring I almost cant stand it. I like the Wood and steel rifles. I like recoil. I like some weight on the rife. So i shoot .30 cal.
Old 12-21-2017, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O MAN View Post
Because there are only about 450,000 M1A / M14 rifles in the USA, I don't see the market exploding anytime soon. However, my M1A / M14 products are selling at a steady pace, and other suppliers of the higher quality parts & pieces for the M1A / M14 are not experiencing a drop in normal business.
Do you think a left handed version will change that?
I mean I'm a lefty and trying to shoot a left handed M1A would mess me up.............. so what sort of impact would it have on the market?

And I assume whatever changes they made to create a left-version wouldn't affect the aftermarket stocks but???
(What I mean is the changes are above the stock line ??? and so it wouldn't require a new stock???)
Old 12-21-2017, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nf1e View Post
M14 type rifles are selling at reasonable clip as innovations are catching the interest of new shooters.
GWLA is out of business because they were lead astray by misinformation as to what the market was for custom receivers during their preliminaries. The owner had some very interesting reports. They tried and failed. That is just one tiny company with but one cnc machine and one operator. They, according to them, had the capacity of producing one receiver per day. Really insignificant.
Per requests from some shooters, it appears that Bula is attempting to supply what is asked for. Pretty cool in this day and age.
We have to give them credit for supporting our hobby and listening to customers requests. The fact that they make the majority of the M14 rifle parts in house and are also a USGI supplier of certain parts is fantastic.
Bula makes quality parts and survives because they do way more than manufacture just M14 receivers. They also have Govt Contracts for other parts as well. GWLA was a fine receiver but one can not survive on manufacturing receivers alone.