Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1A/M14
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2017, 05:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gewehr43 View Post
Do you think a left handed version will change that?
I mean I'm a lefty and trying to shoot a left handed M1A would mess me up.............. so what sort of impact would it have on the market?

And I assume whatever changes they made to create a left-version wouldn't affect the aftermarket stocks but???
(What I mean is the changes are above the stock line ??? and so it wouldn't require a new stock???)
No, not that I am aware of.
To tell you the truth I have never heard anyone claim there was a need for a LH version.
Has anyone seen this, or is it meant to generate some pre-SHOT buzz for Bula??

Last edited by H2O MAN; 12-21-2017 at 05:35 PM.
Old 12-21-2017, 07:03 PM

Had one fellow at my range today and he has never owned and M14 rifle, but would be very interested in a left had version to go along with his brand new Savage Stealth in left hand .308.
Old 12-21-2017, 07:28 PM

Regarding the stock, and even the handguard, yes there would be changes required. Think about the bolt catch/release and op rod chanel for example. While the basic outer configuration would stay the same, i.e buttstock/buttplate, forearm size, pistol grip profile, the inletting would be reversed.
Old 12-21-2017, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nf1e View Post
Had one fellow at my range today and he has never owned and M14 rifle, but would be very interested in a left had version to go along with his brand new Savage Stealth in left hand .308.

Well have him shoot one of your "regular" ones. As a lefty, I had no problems using/shooting or running a regular one. I can't imagine how a left-handed version would be better. But Let him decide.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougS View Post
Regarding the stock, and even the handguard, yes there would be changes required. Think about the bolt catch/release and op rod chanel for example. While the basic outer configuration would stay the same, i.e buttstock/buttplate, forearm size, pistol grip profile, the inletting would be reversed.
Ok thanks..............

Last edited by Big_Red; 12-22-2017 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Merge consecutive posts - multi quote
Old 12-22-2017, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gewehr43 View Post
Well have him shoot one of your "regular" ones. As a lefty, I had no problems using/shooting or running a regular one. I can't imagine how a left-handed version would be better. But Let him decide.............

Ok thanks..............
He has and the standard never really appealed to him. Most lefties don't like the op rod coming back at their nose. Our normal precision bolt shooting doesn't include an M14, but he has tried out some of my herd and just never caught on.
Looks like a winner for Bula according to most of the responses.
Old 12-29-2017, 06:06 PM

I sure appreciate the idea. However the m14 is very left hand friendly as others have said (ambi safety and mag release). In fact, reloads might be faster as a lefty since you don't have to reach over the rifle.

Bill

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk