Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1A/M14
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2018, 08:25 AM

Default JRA, Bula, & LRB.....

Been looking at some of the M14 clones by JRA/Bula and LRB and had some questions:

1) Why the big difference in cost between LRB and JRA/Bula?
2) I keep getting blocked with an "insecure connection" message when trying to go to the JRA website. What's up with this?
3) Is there a sales page somewhere for JRA rifles where I can view their offerings?
4) Would like to hear pros/cons from any here who have purchased from one or the other.

Thanks
Old 01-06-2018, 08:41 AM

Being the owner of 7 LRB's and a couple dozen Bula's I can tell you the big difference, with mine, is the left lug on the LRB's require slightly more bolt fitting than Bula's.
LRB being first in line to produce hammer forged M14 clone receivers, of top quality, were able to charge what they wanted for a reasonable profit. Bula being a more recent entry to the game and doing their own in house forging and machining where LRB sends there's to a sub for work can offer as good a product at a reduced cost. Bula also produces all the parts necessary to complete a rifle other than the muzzle device and rear sight where LRB uses various parts from other producers.
JRA markets their M14 clones assembled by them using Bula receivers and small parts through Classic Firearms so you might check that web page.
Both end product rifles are pretty much on and even par and are well supported by both companies.

Semper Fi
Art

Last edited by nf1e; 01-06-2018 at 08:46 AM.
Old 01-06-2018, 12:25 PM

JRA web site may have a issue with Bugs as I got a warning, classic arms is their big distributor about 5 miles from me. LRB is more expensive because of the issues posted by Art.... I have no idea if their rifles are good or bad..I can say my LRB's are flat excellent and haven't given me 1 issue after the Barreled receivers were built by JON WOLFE. Its a bit cheaper to have JON build up a barreled receiver or complete rifle...he is THE M14 guy as far as I view the field. Heres some contact info https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...yfl0u1UqFXbLiv