Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1A/M14
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-30-2018, 09:24 PM
Deuceguy Deuceguy is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northfield, OH
Posts: 828
Default

M14-
Just because you were banned on the other forum, doesn’t mean we were. Also, I’m sure most of us read the other forum, so there is no need to keep repeating or copying and pasting here. I understand your points, but you’re burning bridges to make them.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-31-2018, 07:53 AM
M14 M14 is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: south mississippi
Posts: 770
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryrigged View Post
So, waiting for the lengthy lists of posts describing stuck cases, awful accuracy, severe copper fouling in Bula barrels from all those that are using them now......
"2. I have observed rough chambers in older Bula barrels, so rough that many of them would not enable reliable extraction, but improvements have been made and I have seen fewer problem chambers recently.

3. I recently observed that the bore diameter on a recent Bula barrel sold through James River to be oversized. The barrel was made in late 2017. This caused key holing and stability issues. (See Picture 5) The bore diameter measured over .300" with the last 1.5" of the bore at the muzzle measuring .3013".
Bula barrels have brought a lot of work to our shop....

C'mon rigged, try to keep up. I myself have seen and worked on 5 of them. That is what started all this. See next quote too. This work we are discussing at Wolfe's shop, my shop, and others around the country, is not gold plating or bluing barrels. It's replacing them. Expensive proposition for new rifles.
There's 3 more in southern AL., 5 in St. Louis, I have one here, 2 more in IN. shall I continue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLB View Post
I the chamber issue with a 19.25 Bula barrel on my Bula DMR. Promptly repaired without question by Bula. It is my most accurate.308 (and yes I have more than one). I was disappointed that it wasn't GTG out of the box, but extremely satisfied with the followup and customer service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuceguy View Post
M14-
Just because you were banned on the other forum, doesn’t mean we were. Also, I’m sure most of us read the other forum, so there is no need to keep repeating or copying and pasting here. I understand your points, but you’re burning bridges to make them.
Deuce, you seem like a nice enough guy, so I will just say this, Whereas, most of the other posters in this thread don't even rate a reply.

If you understand my points so well, please explain it to me. I was raised to learn there are two things in life, right and wrong. There is no grey area where it is ok to do wrong things. You don't need to tell me what I need to do either. I do as I please, like I have my entire life. I don't need bridges because I know how to swim. I can burn as many as I like.

Do you honestly think I am wrong on these issues? Do you think I care if anyone here or anywhere, ever buys any of my receivers when finished? I don't care. I don't need the kind of money I would get from this crowd, according to the post so far. You can keep it.

This barrel thing has cost me a lot of money and hard work, that I will never get back. Not to mention the damage to my reputation and business. But according to you people here, I shouldn't say anything, now that there is so much more corroborating evidence of me being correct in my very first assessments? You are wrong. This whole thing is wrong, and that's all I need to know.

Thanks a lot Deadeye, I appreciate it.....Best regards....rip
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-31-2018, 08:28 AM
nf1e nf1e is online now
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,498
Default

To the OP.
I find it rather curious that your finding fault with Bula Defense Systems barrels started right around the time that your request to have them produce receivers under your name did not work out.
The fact that Bula has been working on correcting any problems either actual or imagined with their products sets their customer service above reproach in most eyes.
As Mr Wolfe said in his commentary, the run of barrels that have been talked about 8/17 were blanks produced by a sub contractor and have since been examined for correctness.
I think that if you installed one of these subject barrels on a customer's rifle and there was a problem, that falls on you, as the builder for not doing a proper inspection of the material you were using in your final product. Your customers should be able to rely on you to make sure what they get is what they are paying for.
As my wife says " when you point a finger at someone else, there are three pointing right back at you".
Just a suggestion Rick, try not so hard to burn your bridges when you are standing in the middle of them.
Semper Fi
Art
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-31-2018, 01:11 PM
ordmm ordmm is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nf1e View Post
To the OP.
II think that if you installed one of these subject barrels on a customer's rifle and there was a problem, that falls on you, as the builder for not doing a proper inspection of the material you were using in your final product. Your customers should be able to rely on you to make sure what they get is what they are paying for.
Big difference being a hobby builder versus a business is trying to make expenses/overhead. Maybe that needs to be taken into consideration.

If you don't understand that maybe some other people will chime in and explain it.

"Internet Armorers" everywhere. The internet is a truly amazing thing.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-31-2018, 01:30 PM
M14 M14 is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: south mississippi
Posts: 770
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ordmm View Post
Big difference being a hobby builder versus a business is trying to make expenses/overhead. Maybe that needs to be taken into consideration.

If you don't understand that maybe some other people will chime in and explain it.

"Internet Armorers" everywhere. The internet is a truly amazing thing.
Thanks ordmm, I appreciate the thoughtfulness and sentiment. I will try to reinterate and explain it again. Maybe it will stand posted this time. Lots to get to, unwrap and address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nf1e View Post
To the OP.
I find it rather curious that your finding fault with Bula Defense Systems barrels started right around the time that your request to have them produce receivers under your name did not work out.
The fact that Bula has been working on correcting any problems either actual or imagined with their products sets their customer service above reproach in most eyes.
As Mr Wolfe said in his commentary, the run of barrels that have been talked about 8/17 were blanks produced by a sub contractor and have since been examined for correctness.
I think that if you installed one of these subject barrels on a customer's rifle and there was a problem, that falls on you, as the builder for not doing a proper inspection of the material you were using in your final product. Your customers should be able to rely on you to make sure what they get is what they are paying for.
As my wife says " when you point a finger at someone else, there are three pointing right back at you".
Just a suggestion Rick, try not so hard to burn your bridges when you are standing in the middle of them.
Semper Fi
Art
nf1e.
always knew that given enough rope, you would eventually hang yourself with it. Now, you may have also hung Bula along with yourself, with your insatiable need to keep attacking me and my reputation…..over something that someone else did, as a proven fact now.

Only two people on earth, may or may not have had, any information of any kind about me or B.A.R., and I know I have never told anyone, any information, because I am always under a non-disclosure agreement and contract with anyone and everyone I deal with, as would be Bula if they in fact had any dealings with me or my company.

I learned about business people the hard way from working with Gunworks, and getting ripped off for everything. So now, everything I do is in writing. The only way you could possibly know any information, imagined or real, is if Bula told you, and thereby breaching any contract they may or may not have had with B.A.R., because you and I have never had any personal contact or ever spoken.

Please tell us where you got this information. Then we will all find out if your claims have any veracity or truth at all. Or, you could just forego what happens next, and post the facts and proof you have that your claims are true. It could be something as simple as, …"I spoke to Jeff and he told me." ….or, "It's hearsay, and I made it up."…or, " I heard it from someone else that made it up and it is third party information, and is more worthless than hearsay."
I promise, you won't be treated like I have been here, we will believe you.

As the title of this thread reads, " just so you know ", the particular barrels in question according to you and Wolfe are dated 8/17, and any claims by you of real or imagined deals between B.A.R. and Bula, would have to have been months and months prior to this barrel date. Not only that, but the first barrels I reported about were dated much earlier. Not even in this batch referred to here. So your claims and conclusions in your post are erroneous at best.

,…this statement by you…"Your customers should be able to rely on you to make sure what they get is what they are paying for." My customers do rely on that and do get what they paid for, and extras for free, always. Maybe you should make that statement to the ones making and selling the defective barrels in question, not me, as I didn't make them. Talk about finger pointing. wow.

I did inspect the barrels. How do you think I found the initial issues? I also fixed all the rifles with this issue that came to my shop, that were originally built by somebody else at the factory. These rifles were sent back to the factory under warranty to be repaired, were returned from the factory still exhibiting these failures, and were brought to me for diagnosis and to be fixed. Others, like Adam's rifle, I did barrel before I knew there was a problem with the barrels and I made it right. All previously inspected and explained in the disappeared thread here that you helped get squashed, yet again. Please try to stay on point with the facts here and stop blaming me for others actions, without any proof. Thx.

For the last time, this is not about me finding fault with Bula or their products. I like Bula products and service.
Like Wolfe, I have no problem with how they handle their business or responsibilities to their clientele. To date, it has been very commendable.

Like Wolfe, I too have a responsibility to "my" customers. If I find something wrong with any given product, should I lie about it to my customers? Just fix it and take their money and say, "This is great, I am getting tons of business from these problems. I'll keep my mouth shut and take the cash." Sorry, I'm not sewed up like that.

The problem and issue I have, is that I brought this to the world's attention months and months ago, trying to help stop any further issues by finding out what was causing it all, and to help guys fix their rifles that wouldn't function. I found it, solved the problem and the cause, and I was kicked in the teeth for it, banned, and outcast with dispersion cast against me and my company as being at fault for it all, by You, and others..... I tried to defend myself and submit the proof, measurements, and witnesses, and the threads were deleted.

Let me ask you. Forced into my position, what would you do? Take it laying down? Just take the blame for something you didn't do and the huge loss in revenue caused by it? Not try to stop the destruction of your company and life's work? Close the doors to the shop and go fishing? What would you do? Tell us? Tell us how you would have handled it differently, if you were facing yourself, doing what you did to me?

…and Bula knew about my findings, they knew I was right and admitted it was their fault in an email, and they said nothing. Not owning up to a problem that you caused or are responsible for until months later, is not good business in my book. And it certainly isn't right. Letting someone else take a fall for something you did, is wrong. It's a simple concept we learn by the time we are three or four years old. But you want to change all that and misdirect everyone's attention to something else. It's called gaslighting and is a strawman argument or red herring, and is not appreciated. Don't be fooled into thinking I am the only one that sees this for what it is. Wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-31-2018, 02:41 PM
nf1e nf1e is online now
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,498
Default

Could be supposition only from the knowledge, that I may have or may not have assumed, during your well posted about search for anyone that would be willing to accept your antics in order to build your receivers, without success per your own diatribe. Thanks for the, may or may not have, verification of my assumption.
All one needs to do is read your rantings over the years in order to come to similar conclusions as I may or may not have.

A couple of your main supporters have been more than eloquent in expressing to me personally, face to face, within the last year using almost exactly the same words.
"Rip does mean well, but he just can't help himself" and " he is his own worst enemy".
I will bet that if you really think about it, you will know exactly who I am talking about. And neither one is named Jeff, by the way.
Hint, they were both at Camp Perry last year. And per your own posts, were involved with building your receivers. That kind of narrows it down for you.

The rope is back in your hands now M14. You might just want to use it to practice your knots in your spare time.

Semper Fi
Art

Last edited by nf1e; 01-31-2018 at 03:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-31-2018, 02:59 PM
nf1e nf1e is online now
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,498
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ordmm View Post
Big difference being a hobby builder versus a business is trying to make expenses/overhead. Maybe that needs to be taken into consideration.

If you don't understand that maybe some other people will chime in and explain it.

"Internet Armorers" everywhere. The internet is a truly amazing thing.
Thanks,
No doubt about it , big difference between a hobby builder one trying to get a business off the ground.
Having run my own business for many decades, I know what it is like keeping employees from overstepping their bounds and capabilities.
Agreed, the internet is a truly amazing thing.

Semper Fi
Art
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-31-2018, 04:01 PM
Paperkiller Paperkiller is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 29
Default

Hint... servile flattery or sycophancy is much more of a turn-off than anything I have read M14 post about this subject.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-31-2018, 07:46 PM
Deuceguy Deuceguy is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northfield, OH
Posts: 828
Default

M14-

Take time and read your comments on the thread Rock-Ola M14 semi. Any good
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-31-2018, 10:01 PM
ZvenoMan ZvenoMan is offline
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: AL
Posts: 2,782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14 View Post
Maybe it's in my delivery, I don't know?
Just reading the thread that pretty much sums it up.

Placing the word "safety" in a post doesn't replace being polite and respectful.
Someone may disagree and yet not be disrespectful. The internet is full of information and opinions, and adding antagonism doesn't enhance any fact, true or not.

Just my observation, but it is based on many threads as well as personal exchanges.

Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know.
JH
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:35 AM.