Go Back   CMP Forums > Regional Matches and Events > West > Utah
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2010, 06:29 AM

Living in Layton and new to the forum.

Love these guns and looking to trade for a couple M1s.

Have a Great Match Target Colt HBAR AR 15 for anyone interested.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconfederate View Post
i live in orem and have been unable to shoot my new garand. eye surgery that won't take recoil well. oh well, spring is coming.
That's no excuse not to shoot.
Its not necessary to rest your face on the stock to shoot well.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
I can't be the only person who owns an M1 and calls Utah home. Where are the rest of you?
Spent some time in Layton, I may be heading back within the next year. The base is a major employer and a hotbed for jobs.

Unfortunatly, the "Riff-Raff" and crime has migrated to Layton and its no longer the sleepy hollow that it once was.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:10 PM

I will be migrating my way out there not soon enough! I'll be staying in Salt Lake whilst going to school in 2013. I should be moving out there in January time frame me thinks. Where are some good "off the beaten path" ranges at?
Old 11-20-2010, 09:33 AM

Lee-Kay in West Valley.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:29 PM

South Weber resident also. Shoot my garand every chance I get. Been going to the Bountiful range. Love to know of some out of the way places to shoot as well.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
I can't be the only person who owns an M1 and calls Utah home. Where are the rest of you?
Where in Utah.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:02 PM

Live in Washington City Utah. Nothing much going on around here that I know off.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freqlord View Post
I will be migrating my way out there not soon enough! I'll be staying in Salt Lake whilst going to school in 2013. I should be moving out there in January time frame me thinks. Where are some good "off the beaten path" ranges at?

As mentioned, Lee Kay just off 5600 West at 2100 South. It is run by the Utah Department of Natural Resources. As an aside, if you don't have a hunter safety card, take the class for $10.00. You can shoot free at Lee Kay for a year after you take the class. They have distances from 50' out to 300 yards. The 50'-75 yard range is under Range Master supervision with timed cease fires. The 100, 200 and 300 yard ranges have target pits, and usually are unmanaged.

The PMAA range up Parleys Canyon. I-80 exit 134, turn west towards the mountain and it is the only thing there. Dave, the guy who runs the range is really nice. The range is usually quiet, especially in the early morning hours. The range operates under timed cease fires. They have 30', and 25,50,100 yard target boards, as well as gongs on the mountain out to 600 yards I think.

West Desert. Not a range, per se, but one of the most popular destinations. Drive south on Redwood Road to about here. Turn off on one of the fire roads headed west and find a nice spot against the base of the mountain. Don't be a jerk...if you bring in junk to shoot, pack it back out with you. It really torques me off the number of appliances, etc people have hauled out there, shot up and left.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:14 AM

What about putting together a match like they have in Logan??? I assume Centerville still has matches but what about us?