308 M1 is good for MM how about laminated stocks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mac1911
    • Oct 2009

308 M1 is good for MM how about laminated stocks?

Ok so it looks like 308 garands are good to go for MM . Now would a laminated stock be legal?
    I have a laminated stock with great lock up that sits there waiting to be used?
  • Headspace
    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by mac1911 View Post
    Ok so it looks like 308 garands are good to go for MM . Now would a laminated stock be legal?
    I have a laminated stock with great lock up that sits there waiting to be used?
    We'll have to wait for a rule book clarification for the 7.62mm/308 M1 Garand in the MM class but I'm thinking "as issued" and "weight" may be a no go on the laminate stock. Although at times it seems anything goes in MM

Comment

• mac1911
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Headspace View Post
      We'll have to wait for a rule book clarification for the 7.62mm/308 M1 Garand in the MM class but I'm thinking "as issued" and "weight" may be a no go on the laminate stock. Although at times it seems anything goes in MM
      Yeah.... having as issued in any capacity in the Mondern Miliitary matches is really silly.
      Not going to see to many 14" m4 on the line.
      As far as I know Mark Johnson has said 308 garand will be in the rule book next year. It will give the 308 garand guys a place to play.

Comment

• BuddyBGood
        • Jan 2011

2018 rules
        Modern Military 5.2.5 B
        M1 Garand modified to shoot 7.62 NATO
        Is in Unlimited Modern Military category.
        Therefore not eligible for aggregate? Am I reading this wrong.

Comment

• ceresco
          • Oct 2009

5.2.5 (b) does not refer to MM. It refers to unlimited M1....the Garand match. Where is there any reference to an "unlimited modern military category"?? Not trying to be argumentative...the real problem here, IMO, is the rule book and the arbitrary rulings at matches that defy existing rules.... Good Shooting. ...
          Last edited by ceresco; 02-26-2018, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• BuddyBGood
            • Jan 2011

Ceresco,thanks for that correction.
            5.2.4b
            Seems 308 is good to go.
            As it should have been long ago,concerning the 308 CMP Specials.
            They were about as-issued as you can get but of modern caliber.
            Also they were about as comparable to the M1A std as you can get in price.
            I was told by the Chief that CMP did not want to appear that they made these 308 Specials specifically for the MM match.This was about the time MM started.
            So my question now is can I leave the hooded rear sight on and put the NM front blade back on my M1A std.After all I am shooting against scopes.
            Almost need a law degree on these rules.

Comment

• Headspace
              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by BuddyBGood View Post
              Ceresco,thanks for that correction.
              5.2.4b
              Seems 308 is good to go.
              As it should have been long ago,concerning the 308 CMP Specials.
              They were about as-issued as you can get but of modern caliber.
              Also they were about as comparable to the M1A std as you can get in price.
              I was told by the Chief that CMP did not want to appear that they made these 308 Specials specifically for the MM match.This was about the time MM started.
              So my question now is can I leave the hooded rear sight on and put the NM front blade back on my M1A std.After all I am shooting against scopes.
              Almost need a law degree on these rules.
              Negative, match sights not allowed. You need a standard (non hooded ) rear aperture and front sight on both M1 7.62MM and M1A / M14 for MM Match. Ask me how I know....

Comment

• BuddyBGood
                • Jan 2011

Headspace,that’s what I have done to it.
                Doesn’t make much sense when shooting against scopes.

Comment

• ceresco
                  • Oct 2009

5.2.4b??? This has to do with the max bore size of MM rifles-- 8mm. Rule 5.2.5b, again, refers only to unlimited M1s used in the Garand match, not to MM. Good Shooting. ...
                  Last edited by ceresco; 02-26-2018, 07:00 PM.

Comment

• BuddyBGood
                    • Jan 2011

Good Grief,I give up.

Comment

• ceresco
                      • Oct 2009

All take note! As far as I have seen, the rule book is out and despite all the wailing, the published rules for Modern Military are unchanged from last year. Could ask why..... Good Shooting..... .....and Randy: Don't worry, I will bring my (absolutely legal) M4 (with 4X scope) and make certain that no one with a .308 M1 ever wins a MM match.
                      Last edited by ceresco; 02-26-2018, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X