Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Ammunition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2019, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nates4Christ View Post
I'm so torn on this ammo. I've always wanted some Korean surplus ammo. Especially for the cool can, bandoliers, and strippers. My Dad and I used to drool over some 30 06 on bandoliers we saw online. However I'm so afraid of their surplus with the reports of what happened with the 30 06. That said I've bought many rounds of PMC 5.56 from Cabelas new production. That was great stuff.

Use your computer to do a Google search for Korean M1 carbine ammo. You will not find the same negative feedback that some of the Korean M1 Garand ammo has.

One has nothing to do with the other.
Old 12-13-2019, 12:03 PM

Arrived in similar condition to krdomingue. Interesting packing material added to my box to keep the can from shifting during shipment.

Old 12-18-2019, 01:14 PM

Arrived today, looks in good shape. There is a spoon attached to each stripper. I also got crate ends as packing material.

I will report back when the weather warms up and I can get out to my range.

john

Old 12-21-2019, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 613jmm View Post
Use your computer to do a Google search for Korean M1 carbine ammo. You will not find the same negative feedback that some of the Korean M1 Garand ammo has.

One has nothing to do with the other.
So this has been imported in quantity before?
So the Korean carbine ammunition "has been around" for awhile to know it's good?
(I ask because I've not seen Korean surplus carbine ammunition before.... )
Old 12-22-2019, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gewehr43 View Post
So this has been imported in quantity before?
So the Korean carbine ammunition "has been around" for awhile to know it's good?
(I ask because I've not seen Korean surplus carbine ammunition before.... )
I don't know to what quantity it was previously imported, but it has. When I received the e-mail about this ammo being available, I did a Google search to ascertain its quality. I did not find any negative input on it, but several older threads seem to indicate it was good to go.
Old 12-22-2019, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coug_dude View Post
I saw the same email and came here looking for info. Mostly curious why Korea was producing military .30 carbine ammo in the 80s? Does seem like a deal as similarly dressed Lake City ammo seems to bring $550-$600 on this board. But if you donít care about the military dress the new commercial Fiocchi that SG was selling for 30 cpr was cheaper.
I was last stationed in Korea in 94 I believe. In the summer we had ROK national guard troops come up our mountain to do maintenance work on trenches and fighting positions. They were all armed with a mixture of garands and carbines. So even in the 90's at least there was still a need for carbine ammo.
Old 12-22-2019, 08:57 AM

Just got my can. The ammunition looks brand new, but no range time for me until after Christmas. Then I will see how it shoots.
Old 12-22-2019, 10:06 AM

Too pricey for me. You can buy new for less.
I don't understand why importers/retailers think 30 year old ammo should compete with new stock. Makes no sense. Before the ammo panics, the general rule was surplus should be around 50% of the cost of new.
Old 12-22-2019, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedbwo View Post
Too pricey for me. You can buy new for less.
I don't understand why importers/retailers think 30 year old ammo should compete with new stock. Makes no sense. Before the ammo panics, the general rule was surplus should be around 50% of the cost of new.
I understand your point of view. But, my main reason for purchasing this was for the stripper clips, attached spoons and the bandoliers. I would not have paid the full price for the ammunition alone.

Buying repack kits, if they are something you like to use, is no longer cheap. That being said, I will reserve judgement on the ammunition itself until I get a chance to shoot it.

I can say that Aguila .30 Cal. Carbine ammunition I bought new a while ago, was not cheap and while it functioned ok, it was very dirty.
Old 01-03-2020, 09:30 AM

I got a flyer from Midway USA this week and they have the stuff with nicer photos of the cans and labeling. Downside is they want 499.99 per can so SG is way better on pricing.