Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2021, 01:08 PM

Default Saturday restock

The store did a second restock at 11:00 of 12 SA SG rifles.
Old 02-27-2021, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZvenoMan View Post
??????

There was a screw up. It was addressed.
Sometimes setbacks occur. Keeping score is a frustrating activity at best.

JH
Keeping "score" (whatever you meant by that??) is irrelevant. I don't know about you but where I'm from if you screw up you make right with the customer and if it's cost you to do so then it's your tough luck, not the customers but I'm sure you'll disagree with that because I'm not an anointed one
Old 02-27-2021, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronwall View Post
Keeping "score" (whatever you meant by that??) is irrelevant. I don't know about you but where I'm from if you screw up you make right with the customer and if it's cost you to do so then it's your tough luck, not the customers but I'm sure you'll disagree with that because I'm not an anointed one
Agree!
Old 02-27-2021, 05:14 PM

To be clear, CMP staff did NOTHING to resolve any issue or oversight. And I and the other guy certainly pressed them.

I just took it on myself to look around for an alternative. They literally told me not to waste my time at TMP because “...they can’t sell anything we can’t.”

It all worked out in the end but that had nothing to do with anything done by staff. I also noticed they had 0 service grade IHCs listed in today’s report...
Old 02-27-2021, 06:31 PM

Wow, that doesn't seem like the staff at all. I'm guessing they were under some orders from someone else. Honestly, If I were in your shoes I would try to contact someone in the organization to express the extremely bad example of customer service displayed to you and the other person. Not so that you can get something in return, but to bring it up so that it can be a teaching lesson so it doesn't happen again. Their entire purpose and mission is to promote the enjoyment of marksmanship, and what they did to the two of you, is at best the complete opposite of everything they are supposed to be.
Old 02-27-2021, 08:40 PM

Default another great trip to Anniston

A couple of my buddies (a part of the old He-Haw Gang) and I made the trip today and planned the trip so that we would hit the TMP store at opening (getting to the South Store at 5am local time not working that well at my age, especially since you do not get to spend much time in the store) and then go to the South Store with a plan to get there around 10:30am and hit the late morning restock.
The stock at the range store was great. Lots of decent SG SA & HRA with some interesting serial numbers. Found two HRA 4.66 SG 1/1 that were mostly correct. One even still had the Hart Trigger Group in it. Both basically only need correct buttstocks to make them right and one needed a Hart TG which I have. Hard to leave stuff like this behind.
Also found two 10" bayonets that look to have never been issued. Again, you cannot leave those behind.
Saw a Remington and Smith Corona 1903-A3 that were just great ( I think the SC was 0/0), but not really into them. Still a couple of the nicest, and most correct, I have seen in some time.
Went to the South Store and got there around 10:30am local time and did not have to wait long to get in. Did not see anything I needed but did get a couple of the 10" scabbards. Getting there later meant I got to spend a little more time since customer traffic was much lower. Also got to connect with some old friends which is always cool.
Still got a few $ left for the next visit. Can't wait.
Rob
Old 02-27-2021, 09:19 PM

I got to the TMP at opening on Friday. Soon thereafter the store was closed while the staff put the 90 or so rifle shipment up. The few customers there were told to wait in the area where all the couches are. One employee called out the serial numbers while two verified and put them on the racks. #1601657, hello! That Win13 had it’s barrel and op rod. It also had the type 3 lock bars the other rifle I bought needed. The other was a really nice SA 3.7 lacking the op rod, trigger group and lock bars from being correct. It was like watching Santa load his sleigh. Great fun.
Old 02-28-2021, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronwall View Post
I'd say if you get the privilege of shopping at the Anniston Unicorn Rainbow Store that never runs out and has no limits and seems to put out exceptional rifles as a matter of habit, then you are fairly well anointed.

We all read the daily reports. Y'all should be kissing those customer service champions at the South Store and TMP full on the lips based on what they are putting out for you on a daily and often twice daily basis..
Old 02-28-2021, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSimonetti View Post
Anniston Unicorn Rainbow Store
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSimonetti View Post
Y'all should be kissing those customer service champions at the South Store and TMP full on the lips
Hmmmm
Old 03-01-2021, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1Rifleman View Post
I was there yesterday morning, in the first group in at 8am. Went in wanting a Winchester, and was pleasantly surprised to find a lone Service Grade marked “WIN-13” among the others!

This was my first CMP purchase and first time at the CMP. This was many years in the making, and it lived up to the hype. Got there early, the same time as a few others from all over the country, and everyone was so excited—the time spent waiting for the doors to open passed so quickly. The staff was so accommodating as well, there early to take our paperwork and let us in if we needed to use the restroom. So fun to be around so many others as interested in the hobby as I am.

Can’t wait for the next trip.

EDIT: Pics: https://imgur.com/a/h6D08Tq
What was the barrel?