Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Ammunition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2018, 12:29 PM

Can anyone guess which group passes?

26 fails and 8 pass...

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2018, 03:49 PM

Been following this thread with interest since I have a can of this stuff from way back when... 2012? Never shot any of it.

I'm thinking the best approach at this point would be to pull the bullets. Does anyone know what powder is in these? It sounds like it could be probably be safely re-used.

Would it be worth punching the primers out and re-using them too?

It's really too bad... it "looked" like good ammo and a good deal, at the time.
Old 09-19-2018, 04:06 PM

I'm thinking they used varget but could be wrong. Given the lack of QC they had with this ammo, I wouldn't trust that's what they used even if it was printed on the box-maybe they switched powders and didn't change the label. As far as I'm concerned, the only part I'd use is the bullets once they've been pulled verified they are 168 grain 30 cal bullets. Given it's poor and known safety record, I don't know why folks keep insisting on firing this ammo. I may not be the best looking guy in the world but I value my facial features and fingers just the way they are way to much to fire some ammo with it's known serious case failures generating 50,000+ PSI inches from my head/fingers
Old 09-22-2018, 02:10 AM
Super Moderator

Does anyone know what powder is in these? It sounds like it could be probably be safely re-used.

Probably could be used in light loads for cast bullets. I wouldn't use it for full power loads without knowing what it is.

"The trouble with most people is that they think with their hopes or fears or wishes rather than with their minds."--Will Durant