Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2016, 11:39 PM

The guys that live next door are just fortunate! Rob, I can't wait to go back and visit the store again. I need a 1944 SA barrel for a bare receiver I have laying around and I didn't check the serial number before we left, it was so unfortunate. Next time I visit I'll be looking through those M1D's a lot closer.
Old 03-16-2016, 09:21 AM

I feel very fortunately to live an hour and half away from the SS it makes hand picking a bayonet and rifle a breeze! I can pick a bayonet with the least amount of chips in the blade! Haha
Old 03-16-2016, 03:04 PM

Howardhuge,
I could only imagine seeing the CMP and Orest 10 years ago in it's glory , the thought of being able to see hundreds of beautiful historical perfect rifles in that condition for sale would have been an honor to say the least , when grading actually met something and the huge amount they had on hand to look through , like turning pages of the best history book ever made , my hats off too all the early guys who had the opportunity to see that and meet Orest, a true M1 Garand patriot. Also to everyone who made it so people like me and others have the chance to still pick through the little bit that's left like, and think it's gold haha , hearing 1 year left and a 6 month wait for a rifle is really hard to believe , but when all is said and done, look at the HUGE amount of history that's been saved from the chopper and how many people new and old have realized what this firearm means to our country and the men that fought and bled with it , slept with it, ate with it and lived by it, I thank you all, and for an amazing last year , glad I can say I was at least part of it, Jason B