Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > Parts For Sale or Trade
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2019, 06:37 PM

Default 1913 Warner Swasey Sniper Scope Musket Sight Excellent Grouping

Hello,

I'm selling an excellent original 1913 Warner Swasey Musket Sight Sniper Scope that was used on the 1903 Springfield 3006 rifle and the Canadian Ross rifle. This scope has the original rail mount that attaches to the rifle but more importantly........there are 2 ORIGINAL mounting screws, that are virtually impossible to find and insanely expensive to buy. Also this scope has the original rubber eye cup with 3 small holes to prevent a vacuum seal around your eye. The rubber is uncracked and plyable, but if you're going to shoot it, I would take off the original to prorect it and get a reproduction.**

This scope comes in the original RIA 1917 dated leather belt carrying case. I've handled many dozens of these WS scopes, this is far and away the nicest one I've seen for sale in 30 years. I bought this in 1968 from a WW1 soldier along with his original WW1 gas mask in the canvas case, a WW1 CONFIDENTIAL pamphlet on Chemical Warfare, a WW1 set of trench checkers still sealed, his WW1 Victory Medal and his WW1 RIA marked leather belt ammo pouch used by snipers.

There is no engraving on the inside of the mount rail, so it was not issued with a gun.**

Please send me a PM if you have any questions or would like to see pics of this rare grouping. I'm selling the entire group for $2000 and just the scope sells in the $1600-1800 range.

Thanks

Old 09-22-2019, 07:05 PM

Thumbs up

Email sent.

Tags
1903, scope, sniper, springfield, ww1