Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > My Gun DB
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2013, 10:13 PM

Default New Computer

So, I just bought a new desktop with the dreaded Windows 8. I have your program installed on my old Windows XP desktop. How do I go about downloading and installing it on the new one. I'll have to search but, somewhere, I may have the key info for the original install but it's been so long I'm not fully certain I'll find it.

Larry
Old 11-24-2013, 02:11 AM

I figured this out. Found the original email with the product key in it. Now to figure out how to move the database over to the new computer. Any ideas?

Larry
Old 11-24-2013, 03:10 AM
Super Moderator

USB Memory device?

"The trouble with most people is that they think with their hopes or fears or wishes rather than with their minds."--Will Durant
Old 11-24-2013, 03:48 PM

From within the original My Gun DB program click on File, then Database, then Backup DB. Transfer that saved file to your new computer. After you install MyGunDB on the new computer go to Restore DB and that should get you started.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:35 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
from within the original my gun db program click on file, then database, then backup db. Transfer that saved file to your new computer. After you install mygundb on the new computer go to restore db and that should get you started.
thanks!! :gs:
Old 12-14-2013, 10:05 AM

Sorry about the delay -- I wasn't getting notices of forum updates due to a bad mail filter I had installed.

If you go to MyGunDB.com, you can download/install the latest version. As for your key, email me at alan@mygundb.com and I'll get you a new one as I need your name and email to generate it.

Visit thew official support forum here: http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98