Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2014, 09:42 AM

Default Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootsy View Post
I arrived at the North Store at 6:30 last night. The Kansas City contingent had been there since Tuesday morning and had the list of arrivals going already. I was #18. Another individual was handing out order forms to everyone so we were all prepared before hand. Then it rained for an hour or two...

Rain finally broke about 9. Met a lot of wonderful people last night and this morning, had some good conversations and a chilly semi sleepless night in the vehicle. This morning was gorgeous, low 60's and not a cloud in the sky with a light breeze.

About 8:10 the staff let us in the building to line up per our numbers and at 8:30 let the first 20 in the door to the showroom. Everyone was calm, polite and orderly. No mad rush, no hogging, no one being rude. As people chose their gun and waited for paperwork or left an equal number were let in. By the time we we're let in at 8:30 there were over 60 people in line and more than that when I left at 9 am.

The guns were great. A lot of GI wood and a lot of IHC parts, at least one gun had an IHC stock and was all IHC marked except the OP rod which was SA.

Over all a very pleasant experience that went much better than I had expected. A real tribute to the caliber of people there to shop as well as the CMP staff.

I know a lot of people were going to be very happy today. I know I am.

I did look over the C receivers and they were very very nice, some with niche deep stamping (those 1.3 mil types). Pitting wasn't that bad. A good buy for the money.
Good report, it is great everything went so nice. I wonder if the CMP counter guys take apart garands in their dreams?
Jim

John Wayne in "Shootist"
Old 06-05-2014, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shomway View Post
Anyone notice the stack of cases that appear to be "spam can" crates? Is this ammo available for sale?
http://cmp1.zenfolio.com/p13360549/h40C6034#h40c6034
Those were empty crates for 5.00 each limit 2.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by extractr View Post
Just curious if anyone noticed any arrowheads or gap letters on the racks.
Reportedly one gap letter.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:59 AM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldiver View Post
Those were empty crates for 5.00 each limit 2.
Thanks for making that clear. Was ready to jump in the car and make the drive..
Old 06-05-2014, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shomway View Post
Thanks for making that clear. Was ready to jump in the car and make the drive..
I was hoping for spam cans too that's why I showed up but no joy today.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:10 AM

Shocked to hear about a GAP letter. That will keep some interested. However the nicest of them will clearly only be on the auction site.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:07 PM

There were 12 to 15 IHC stocks on the rifles. Most I think were on the LMR barreled ones. Two guys from New York ended up with two of them. One of which was in great shape with a clear P and a crossed cannon on the right side. One lucky guy was trying to decide between two rifles with IHC stocks and I think he went with the one that had the better markings. We did get some chuckles from the postings on this thread before the doors opened, but laughed out loud after we picked out our rifles.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:38 PM

Nice post wish i had the money and time off to have made the trip. Maybe nationals will be nice this summer.
Old 06-05-2014, 01:52 PM

What kind of shape were the metal parts in? Looks like some good wear readings from what I saw... Looks like the early birds this morning came upon some gems.
Old 06-05-2014, 02:17 PM

Just a short note to add to the subject. The IHC rifles were great. Low me and low te markings on everything. True service grades...all of them. Quite a few had IHC stocks whichwere picked out real quick. Some had the birch cmp stocks with mostly correct parts so they were a nice find. Myself, I selected a IHC with a 1 me and a 2 te lmr barrel. What was nice on the rifle was that it has a very nice overton replacement stock on it with the p proof and the triangle on the bottom of the pistol grip. It also had a IHC bolt and the barrel date was right o for a 5 mil serial number. I would say 99% of the rifles very good to great. Good luck with the ordered rifles. I know you will not be disappointed if this is any indication on what they have to mail order out.