Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2014, 01:09 PM

+1 to rickgman

Also Orest has brought up in the past and been clear that without further rifles coming into sell that the closure of BOTH stores is inevitable. So this "story" is nothing new and to be expected...........
Old 09-10-2014, 03:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgman View Post
Gentlemen, We must all keep in mind the mission of the CMP - marksmanship training and competition. Selling surplus rifles and ammo existed to support that mission but are not the mission itself.
True - and everybody gets that, Rick.

Quote:
I have confidence that Mark Johnson will make his decisions based on what is best for the CMP and its mission. If that leads to closing of the stores, that will be an overall unhappy situation for many folks - mostly for the employees of the stores. * * * I do not think that putting pressure on the board regarding business decisions is appropriate. Only they know the full story and I have faith that they will make good decisions * * * Rick
You're kidding, right? I guess you also believe in the tooth fairy, or that elected officials don't need to be carefully scrutinized lest they forget who it is they serve.

Okay, let's review:

Mr. Johnson serves at the pleasure of the Board, and the Board's job, or part of it, is to listen to and serve the tariff-paying constituency who each year fulfills the CMP's mission - that's us, the shooting participants in the Nat'l Matches & other CMP-related competitive shooting events.

Neither the members of the CMP board nor Mr. Johnson exist or serve in a vacuum. Even the CMP's mission doesn't self-operate in a vacuum. We - the DCM/CMP shooters - make, and since 1907 at Camp Perry have made, the Nat'l Matches the proud and exceptional American tradition that they are.

So, yes, you can be assured that the various Bd members will be hearing from me directly regarding the issue of the possible closure of the NS, as well as on any other issue or contemplated decision by Mr. Johnson that might, in my view, adversely effect the annual holding of the Matches at Camp Perry.

Herewith ends the sermon.

Last edited by Frank Black; 09-10-2014 at 03:52 PM.
Old 09-10-2014, 03:15 PM

Trashing someone before evidence exists is a sure way of a self-fulfilling prophecy. You have every right to your opinion, but you chose your words poorly.
Old 09-10-2014, 03:26 PM
Banned

I have hear similar accounts on my last trip to the North Store. I was able to buy a WRA for myself but couldnt act as an agent...I come here and read about how people are buying multiple and acting as agents at the SS...shows a lack of customer respect. Both Bob and Jim will tell you how it is, make a trip over and ask for yourself
Old 09-10-2014, 06:30 PM

Can't belive all you hear, last year I'd heard the North Store would not be getting any more of the new Garand barrels as they were getting ready to close the store. They had some last time I was there. Go figure.
Hell, you never Know, Things may be more equitable between the stores with Mark in charge.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:08 PM

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, Ok
I'll be nice.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:38 PM

Frank, Just how would closure of the North Store signficantly effect the National Matches? The National Matches existed and ran just fine before there was a North Store. Do I like the North Store and the folks that work there? Yep, I do but I also realize that the store is only a nice convenience to shooters and collectors - it is not a necessity to operation of the National Matches or the fulfilment of the CMP's mission. I will give Mark Johnson and the board the benefit of the doubt and I will not treat them like they are clueless, uninformed individuals. You may do as you see fit.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:25 AM

Thumbs up

What he said!!!
Old 09-11-2014, 12:17 PM

+1 Rick.................

Also Frank:

You really do get emotional over "What-ifs."

But if you really did care about the National Matches, you'd realize a simple fact.
The money the CMP generates by, among other things, selling M1's etc, is to fund these programs. That money is taken away from by having: 2 stores that are staffed/ bldgs. bought and maintained/items shipped to/etc etc-- all the money spent on having and maintaining these 2 stores.

Contrast that with the DCM days and early CMP days where the M1's Etc were stored/processed/maintained/and shipped in one central location which is much cheaper and easier than having 2 stores open.

Orest has said that they are running out of M1's to sell, making the 2 stores even more of a waste of money to have, when that happens.

If you care about the shooting programs, you'd respect the idea of the CMP- maybe if they see fit- of closing the stores to save that money used on them and instead free that money for the core value of the CMP- supporting shooting programs.

Simply put a online mail order business (ie Amazon or DCM) makes more sense/ is cheaper and more effective than having 2 retail stores open for no apparent reason.

That's my sermon to you...............

Last edited by Gewehr43; 09-11-2014 at 12:21 PM.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gewehr43 View Post
.... We will know shortly the direction the CMP is going in................
Why should there be major changes quickly. Norm for a new CO is to wait a while, take the pulse, then make changes. While I realize that Mark has been the Deputy COO for awhile, give him some time before you get all hot and bothered.

I am sure that he is just as dedicated as Orest.

"Life is Good!"