Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2016, 05:11 AM

Yep 200 Garands and 50 carbines,have room for 100 1911's.
Old 02-07-2016, 07:36 AM

Default old

Hay you two, enjoy life because your not old till your dead!! As Steel lap says, "Life is good".
Old 02-07-2016, 08:24 AM

Welcome to the forum, road. Good luck on the carbine; I hope you get the one right after mine.
Old 02-07-2016, 10:21 AM

Road -- wish you the best of luck making the cut!! I slao have an order sitting in that pile!!
Old 02-07-2016, 10:44 AM

I don't have a order in so that gives you one more chance. Yeah, most guys here are old and probably a bit overweight to boot. If any of us ever handled a Garand on active duty we find that for some reason the Garand's have also gained some weight. Just shows what inactivity can do to all of us.
Old 02-08-2016, 08:07 AM

Best of luck to you Road. I hope you get a carbine.
~Matt
Old 02-08-2016, 11:32 AM

So here it is, Monday, feb 8th, a solid 7 days after the carbine release. Still no word. At this point am i basically out of the running here? I mean i've read posts here and there on the forums that people have already received notification via email that they were picked...

At what point do we assume that w/no word given that we've missed our chance at a carbine?

I'll say one thing, last cmp raffle i participated in was the springer 1903's and i was angry that i did not make the cut after reading posts of dudes bragging their order of 6 1903's got filled. At least CMP is making this one fair to everyone.
Old 02-08-2016, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khenzel View Post
So here it is, Monday, feb 8th, a solid 7 days after the carbine release. Still no word. At this point am i basically out of the running here? I mean i've read posts here and there on the forums that people have already received notification via email that they were picked...

At what point do we assume that w/no word given that we've missed our chance at a carbine?

I'll say one thing, last cmp raffle i participated in was the springer 1903's and i was angry that i did not make the cut after reading posts of dudes bragging their order of 6 1903's got filled. At least CMP is making this one fair to everyone.
Do you really think they have had a chance to go through and fill 2,000 orders? They have probably barely started to go through the 5,000 orders. It'll likely be another week or two before we know much of anything.
Old 02-08-2016, 11:38 AM

I do not expect a DBU for at least a couple of more weeks. That's how it worked on the IHC release last year. They have thousand ready to go, if DBU's were going out in great numbers the order thread would be blowing up right now.
Old 02-08-2016, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwood View Post
I do not expect a DBU for at least a couple of more weeks. That's how it worked on the IHC release last year. They have thousand ready to go, if DBU's were going out in great numbers the order thread would be blowing up right now.

Yes and no, i read somewhere else on these threads that posts on this forum only constitute 5% of the general ordering population, as a quote from Orest. But yes, i've not seen a ton of forum posters say they got their DBU yet.

I know it takes time for all 5k, but i'd think the 1k would have been knocked out in 7 days. In my mind, the longer it takes to hear word, the less likely my chances are. They are sending out DBU's as they go, so if i hear in +2 weeks, odds are i'm among the unlucky crowd in the 3k backend that are just awaiting the CMP to read/email that we are SOL.

Trying to remain positive though...