Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2016, 03:58 PM

I've lucked out on 4 previous lotteries! Winnie Carbine and Garand, IHC Garand, and 100% correct late mfg 1903 Remington. I guess my time was due to lose one!
Old 05-03-2016, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot76 View Post
Soon as I read this, I could have sworn I heard the faint sound of Journey ....."I've been waiting, for a girl like you...to come into my life".

(I too qualify to speak of these things as a 3xl guy)
I thought that was Foreigner, but what do I know?
Old 05-03-2016, 04:15 PM

I turned the carbine, I didn't get, into a Steyr Aug!

Magic!
Old 05-03-2016, 04:28 PM

Default carbine sales

I will of course agree that the CMP has provided us with great opportunities and super deals. They have provided a super service to the shooters and collectors of military arms and accessories.
But this time I have to call "BS"......
I consider their behavior with the carbine sales very arrogant towards their customer base. How hard or time consuming would it have been to post a one line notification update "we not finished or be patient we working or its over or anything"
Nope, after 3 months all we get is silence.............
My Momma would say its rude.
Old 05-03-2016, 04:34 PM

Default Oops

Quote:
Originally Posted by deldriver View Post
I thought that was Foreigner, but what do I know?
You are correct sir....Dang, I've apparently lost more brain cells than I thought!

(at least I didn't say it was Foghat or something REALLY stupid).
Old 05-03-2016, 07:07 PM

Well the "Carbine Status" thread in the "Ask CMP" forum has been removed over the last couple of days.

It appears there is trouble afoot.
Old 05-03-2016, 07:37 PM

Got my "notice" at the Eastern Games......
"if you haven't gotten an email as of last week saying your getting one
then you won't......"
Old 05-03-2016, 09:20 PM

Default Will The CMP keep our order info in case they get another batch

I've been more than satisfied in my dealings with The CMP. My only regret is I wish I'd have known about the organization earlier. As upset and frustrated as some may be about the carbine orders this go around just imagine where we would be without them in acquiring Garands, Carbines, bayonets, ammo and hopefully 1911's soon.

This is not to say that I agree or disagree with the communication of The CMP on this carbine release, I have an order in but crickets for me also, but think of what they have done to give people the opportunity to own actual USGI historical firearms and accessories at a reasonable cost in the past and present. Most of us have been to gun shows and have saw the prices they are asking. I imagine they would be even higher prices without The CMP.

I also want to thank the people on this forum that have given myself and others the opportunity to get information and purchase firearms and accessories at a reasonable cost without the fear of the item being fake.

This is just my opinion and it can be frustrating. Now to my question !!

Does anyone know if The CMP will keep our orders on file in case they happen to run across another Carbine find or scrap the orders and just go auction or a lucky store find ?
Old 05-04-2016, 04:53 AM

Here is the Email I got last week and was told it was BS. I asked if we would be able to switch to a Garand and this is the response I got. Maybe they will offer us something else?

We have completed the carbine orders. If you have not received an email then you will not be receiving one. There will be an email that goes out to let the ones that are not getting one soon. We are going to be check listing all orders and updating and setting up accounts. Reply to that email and we should be able to change your order at that time.

Sharron R Mellon
CMP Customer Service
256-835-8455 ext 318
256-831-8331 fax
Old 05-04-2016, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys56 View Post
Here is the Email I got last week and was told it was BS. I asked if we would be able to switch to a Garand and this is the response I got. Maybe they will offer us something else?

We have completed the carbine orders. If you have not received an email then you will not be receiving one. There will be an email that goes out to let the ones that are not getting one soon. We are going to be check listing all orders and updating and setting up accounts. Reply to that email and we should be able to change your order at that time.

Sharron R Mellon
CMP Customer Service
256-835-8455 ext 318
256-831-8331 fax
Maybe a service grade Garand for a service grade carbine price!?