Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2016, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas100 View Post
I've been more than satisfied in my dealings with The CMP. My only regret is I wish I'd have known about the organization earlier. As upset and frustrated as some may be about the carbine orders this go around just imagine where we would be without them in acquiring Garands, Carbines, bayonets, ammo and hopefully 1911's soon.

This is not to say that I agree or disagree with the communication of The CMP on this carbine release, I have an order in but crickets for me also, but think of what they have done to give people the opportunity to own actual USGI historical firearms and accessories at a reasonable cost in the past and present. Most of us have been to gun shows and have saw the prices they are asking. I imagine they would be even higher prices without The CMP.

I also want to thank the people on this forum that have given myself and others the opportunity to get information and purchase firearms and accessories at a reasonable cost without the fear of the item being fake.

This is just my opinion and it can be frustrating. Now to my question !!

Does anyone know if The CMP will keep our orders on file in case they happen to run across another Carbine find or scrap the orders and just go auction or a lucky store find ?
I definitely agree that without The CMP we would would be up the creek without a paddle. They provide a very unique product that we will all take for granted once the supply is dry. I will say that being in the customer service industry for 15 years, you should not forego customer service because you have a niche market or unique product. Sure they will sell everything in their inventory no matter what, but given the overall goal of the organization and the dedicated client base, It is only right to provide communication and customer service along the way.
Old 05-04-2016, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yingpin View Post
I definitely agree that without The CMP we would would be up the creek without a paddle. They provide a very unique product that we will all take for granted once the supply is dry. I will say that being in the customer service industry for 15 years, you should not forego customer service because you have a niche market or unique product. Sure they will sell everything in their inventory no matter what, but given the overall goal of the organization and the dedicated client base, It is only right to provide communication and customer service along the way.
I agree 100% about communication and customer service for their customers.In the short few years that I've been dealing The CMP their CS has been better than most business's or corporations that I've dealt with. This leads me to believe that their is a reason they have not communicated this info to us. Maybe they are looking for parts they have to be able to build more carbines or maybe the rest of this latest supply isn't ready yet. Maybe it is something that isn't on their priority list. I just can't believe that The CMP is withholding information that they know their customers, members of The CMP forum or not would like to have closure on.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:16 PM

Well I guess that's it on the carbines, kind of knew I was hit, im not very lucky so I ordered another Garand before that goes bottom up. Not sure on the 1911's at that price I have a nice one from Auto Ordnance that satisfies my craving for a 1911. Got to many guns and gun projects anyway. Keep your powder dry guys
Old 05-11-2016, 10:29 AM

Still waiting . . . . .
Old 05-11-2016, 10:56 AM

What is it, that you are waiting for?
Old 05-11-2016, 11:50 AM

apparently a miracle?
“A citizen may not be required to offer a ‘good and substantial reason’ why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right’s existence is all the reason he needs.” —Federal Judge Benson Everett Legg

CTNC (IW) / 1995-Current U.S. NAVY
NAVY CHIEF, NAVY PRIDE!
Old 05-11-2016, 12:40 PM

I haven't heard the fat lady singing yet. When I see a flood of (dear John) E-mails then I'll give up.
Old 05-11-2016, 02:56 PM

He isn't female and I don't know what he weighs, but last week Mark Johnson said that they were done and reject notices will be going out this week. He should know, since he runs the place.
Old 05-12-2016, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdomingue View Post
He isn't female and I don't know what he weighs, but last week Mark Johnson said that they were done and reject notices will be going out this week. He should know, since he runs the place.
I just got my Dear Jon (really, my name is Jon) letter. Also received by about 6,000 other folks, I am sure. Well, if the 1911 sales will be anything like that of the Carbines, it should be a riot. I believe that the CMP could put any limited item out for a great low price (as with the Carbines) and there will be the same experience that we had on the Carbines. The CMP is not a quiet secret anymore.
Old 05-12-2016, 09:33 AM

I got my dear John letter. Makes me glad I ran across a National Postal Meter at the gun show last weekend. They received my order at 8:32 Feb1st.The notification came at 8:36 this AM. My email went as this;

Greetings,
If you are receiving this email, we regret to inform you, you did not make the cut for the M1 Carbine you ordered thru CMP. We had over 8,000 orders and only a small number of Carbines. If you mailed in new information or are a new customer, we are in the process of updating those files. We have a large number of customers still to update, so please give us a couple of months before checking to see if your information has been updated.

We appreciate your support of CMP.
Thank you,
Mark Johnson
CMP Chief Operating Officer