Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2016, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRich3902 View Post
Well our hotel is right around the corner from Rendezvous so we ate there last night. The place was really interesting inside and even had an M1 and some 1&03's handing on the wall. I wasn't too impressed with the ribs, of course I knew they weren't smoked but grilled and they were baby backs which means wet rubbed. Wet rubbed ribs are not to my taste, but I could appreciate the dinner for the style and it was good.
They do have dry ribs (which I actually prefer).
Old 03-09-2016, 01:47 PM

They did serve them without BBQ sauce which was great, I did like the spicy sauce a lot too. Do you mean they make a dry rubbed version? I entered dry rubbed baby backs in a bbq contest a few times with good results you just really have to keep an eye on them so they don't dry out.
Old 03-10-2016, 12:21 PM

Default Can't stand it - got to go

Rendezvous ribs are technically a dry rib, but they are continuously basted with a vinegar based marinade while cooking in the racks. Before serving they are coated with a dry seasoning rub and I believe basted one more time. They have a reputation of being a little inconsistent with their ribs, but I think that is because they are cooking so many at a time that some of the ribs with a little less meat on them may sometimes get over cooked. Having said that, most of the time the ribs are fantastic, and Rendezvous remains my favorite among the many great barbecue restaurants that we have in the Memphis area. They are only open for lunch on Friday and Saturday, and I believe they still serve a small bowl of barbecue red beans and rice/gumbo free with your meal on lunch days (it is delicious). They are closed on Sunday and Monday. If you are visiting Memphis, I highly recommend a visit to Charlie Vergos' Rendezvous.

Last edited by LCPfraTN; 03-10-2016 at 12:28 PM.