Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2016, 08:11 AM

Question What rest

I don't think being at the store with access to the back room would give me any rest at all
Rob
Old 03-13-2016, 08:54 AM

Smile Hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob30-06 View Post
I don't think being at the store with access to the back room would give me any rest at all
Rob
Probably the opposite.

John Wayne in "Shootist"
Old 03-13-2016, 09:31 AM

I would need heart medication.
Old 03-13-2016, 10:17 AM

I can only imagine going through the inventory when everything was in stock at the store. Man oh man what a time to be alive.
Old 03-13-2016, 10:30 AM

I remember when you could go and volunteer to sort, etc. and pick out to buy any rifle that came across your work station.

It only took me five tries through the years to make to one of the stores from KC. The guys within five or six hours of a store make me green with envy. They can make it to the store in a day trip.
Old 03-13-2016, 10:57 AM

I will bet CMP could charge for tours thru the remaining warehouses with inventory. With no large screwdrivers or crow bars allowed.

John Wayne in "Shootist"
Old 03-13-2016, 12:01 PM

I was SHOCKED to see the state of the CMP now..... WOW ....the good old days are long gone along with Orist. 9 years ago I did a quick walk about in the back to obs ops with leon at my side. Racks PACKED with rifles....what is now a super duper super select was a standard Service grade then....some ww2 rifles with fair amount of correct parts, TONS of post war rifles in no BS 95%+ cond. I said to myself this ride can't last long....I was right. Sad end to a Era...but glad the rifles went to sale rather then cut up. Shocking how its changed.
Old 03-14-2016, 11:49 AM

Default Remaining stock

I just attended the AMC at the beginning of March. Mark Johnson came and spoke to us. He told us at the current rate they had enough rifles for another year. He said that doesn't mean we will not get more rifles but he did believe there would be a "dry spell". We got to walk through the various warehouses and see what was there. There still is boxes of rifles in the back but a lot of those are drill rifles. There is some real gems in the back. Floyd from the warehouse gave us a tour and showed us some really cool stuff. I posted some photos over in the ask CMP forum under AMC registration. I can post more here if someone is interested. I think there is still some (maybe a lot) still out there but when and if they come back and get into the CMP hands is anybody's guess.

Clay
Old 03-15-2016, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRich3902 View Post
I remember when you could go and volunteer to sort, etc. and pick out to buy any rifle that came across your work station.

It only took me five tries through the years to make to one of the stores from KC. The guys within five or six hours of a store make me green with envy. They can make it to the store in a day trip.
If the guys who are five or six hours away make you green with envy how do the guys who are only an hour away make you feel
Old 03-15-2016, 07:36 PM

Default Gotta go back....again

Don't want to throw salt on the wounds guys, but I am thinking seriously of making the leasurely 4 hour drive back down this weekend.
I have learned just enough to make a dumb decision and buy another NM rifle. Hopefully I can take an other of the Hee Haw Gang with me that knows more than I do

If you can't buy what you want, buy what they got

Course, still waiting for my 4 rifle FG order Can't wait.

yeehaw,
Rob