Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2016, 09:20 PM

Default Visit 3/17

I'll be heading down there when they open tomorrow, helping a friend pick a couple out if possible. Anyone have any further insight on what to expect?
Old 03-16-2016, 11:23 PM

Thinking about stopping by on Friday, six hour sidetrip, currently on vacation from Washington State. Would be nice to know if something is on the rack to buy before a 12 hour round trip.
Old 03-17-2016, 06:55 AM

Lotsa luck. Recent one-on-ones with the store armorers (as reported) indicate nothing additional on the racks for weeks to come. For your sakes, I hope those reports are wrong. I'll be dropping in on my way to the Alabama spring scrimmage in a few weeks, hopefully store activity will pick up by then.
Old 03-17-2016, 07:08 AM

Default South Store--St.Paddy's

May the luck of the Irish be with ya'll !!
Old 03-17-2016, 07:10 AM

I seriously toyed with the idea of going but I don't think it's worth it with such limited selection. I called last week and they said there were a few specials left over and of course the regular m1d's that have been out. I got in the car at 4 am and drove 15 minutes and then turned around. I couldn't justify driving 10+ hours round trip for the selection they have. I am just going to order a special grade and ammo.
Old 03-17-2016, 07:17 AM

I am driving to FL today after visiting my brother in GA last night. I have a couple paying gigs in Lake City all day Friday. I was thinking about stopping by the SS on my way back to Ohio on Sat. I am thinking mostly about grabbing some ammo at this point. If there is something on the rack, all the better.
Old 03-17-2016, 07:18 AM

On 3-5 they had 14 specials. 4 with ww2 serial numbers. I picked one out. When i left an hour later there was only 3 specials left. I dont know how fast they are putting specials out. But if i was looking to get one i would call on a Thursday and go on a Friday. On Saturday morning it was like a stampede to get in.
Old 03-17-2016, 07:48 AM

When I was there last week there were about a dozen specials out. I'd say 4 were post war the rest wartime with 3 being 6-digit receivers. I took a really high post war home.
Old 03-17-2016, 03:11 PM

I would suggest waiting a while. They have to push through the carbine orders and then the mail orders backed up from the carbine orders. THEN they might put some more out in the stores.
Old 03-18-2016, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel24hrs View Post
On 3-5 they had 14 specials. 4 with ww2 serial numbers. I picked one out. When i left an hour later there was only 3 specials left. I dont know how fast they are putting specials out. But if i was looking to get one i would call on a Thursday and go on a Friday. On Saturday morning it was like a stampede to get in.
Leon,
You have not begun to see a stampede at the store. Make it a point to come down to the store during a special release.
Like vultures hitting a gut wagon.
I have seen it where all you could do is reach in between bodies hope what you pull out is a rifle and not a body part

See you again at the store sometime,
Rob