Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2016, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPS12gauge View Post
Heading out in the morning. Did they have spam cans left at the end of day?
I'm curious - what did you find (or what was for sale)? Spam cans?
Old 10-28-2016, 04:16 PM

That's a good deal if you like the taste of Spam.
Old 10-28-2016, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert C Wind View Post
I'm curious - what did you find (or what was for sale)? Spam cans?
There was a full rack of field grades when I got there. One of them followed me home; it was a 3.15 million serial number SA with a 1944 barrel gauged 2 at the muzzle 4 at the throat, modified curved side oprod, WRA bolt, HRA DAS stock, and milled trigger group. Pick up the rest of my spam can limit (6 cans). Couple of the rifles had 1950's replacement barrels that gauged 1 and 3. I would like to say thank you to the guy who helped me pick it out.
Old 10-29-2016, 12:08 AM

Friday afternoon, when I left, there were over 30 field grades still left. 2x HRA's and the rest were SA's. Most of the rifles were in the 2,xxx,xxx thru 3,8xx,xxx number range. A couple still had (probably) original barrels. If I'm remembering right, there was a 3,880,xxx, with correct barrel and correct stock. One fella said there was probably a rebuild or two (dark birch stocks). The armourer (Bob?) wouldn't speculate on when spam cans would run out, but said to get them NOW!!!. I left with a 3,64x,xxx with correct barrel and uncut -9 flat side op-rod, and a spam can. It was a wonderful time, with a nice ride home and all the fall colors.
Old 10-29-2016, 04:14 PM

Pretty much the same today. WinSpecs, FG's, drillers ( two flavors), AG's, various snipers, shirts, cans o'spam, etc. they had enough spams to be able to fill my order of one. I didn't inquire further. Drills: couple 03a3's had FS blades, stocks generally on the lower scale, but serviceable, A few were painted black so there's no telling how good/bad they are under the paint.Generally sorta complete. DG's: at least one had some (weak) cartouche, some lock bar-RS's. I was looking for some good wood and for 380 didn't get any, not saying the wood wasn't good enough for anyone else. Don't know how to check for an uncut oprod without breaking them down - can it be done on the fly? Nice day out. Stopped off at the Sandusky GS not the way home. No 1911's there on the racks yet. Nor jeeps. The sooner we buy up all the stuff there, the sooner they can get new stuff from Anniston, guys.
Old 10-29-2016, 06:18 PM

They had both sides of a rack with field grades. I only saw two HRAs but I think the people who arrived early found some. Most were in the 2 and 3 million serial number range although I did see a 5.9m SA. There were some weak cartouched SA stocks but usually the receiver was not in great condition. I was looking at one with a SA/GAW stock but the receiver had a bad repark job. There were some FGs with good barrel measurements but most measured over 2 MW. To me it looked like many of the 40s dated barrels were added by the CMP or some armory. Basically the rifles were what you would expect for a FG. For me, I would only buy one I could hand pick at the store.

Most of the drill rifles were in rough shape but there were a couple in better condition. I did not see a stock that was worth buying. Basically you would be getting a stock that is rough, a trigger assembly, a rear sight assembly, an op rod, and a front sight for $380. If they were $250, I would consider it but $380 is too high. For some of those drill rifles, I can't see anyone ever buying them even at a much lower price.

The Winchester specials had serial numbers in the 1m and 2m serial number range. None less than 1m. I did not notice any Win-13s. No Winchester bolts. I think they all had post war SA bolts. Only saw one with a Winchester op rod.

They had a couple of racks of SA M1C rifles. Did not see any with a scope mount with a matching serial number. They all had a dark black park. A couple with really good barrels and a couple with more worn barrels.

I did not look at anything else. Not a lot of ammo leaving the store so you should have the spam cans available next week.

The FG I bought was a rebuild with an interesting stamp on the barrel.
http://s82.photobucket.com/user/alan...eshow/20161029

Last edited by abeal; 10-29-2016 at 07:54 PM.
Old 10-29-2016, 08:18 PM

You probably know BSID is an Italian barrel.. But if you don't you do now :-)
Old 10-29-2016, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeal View Post
That stock in itself is a gem. I need one like it for one of mine. And the etching on the leg of the receiver is interesting too as it does not match the stock.

Last edited by Ohio Don; 10-29-2016 at 11:42 PM.
Old 11-02-2016, 12:47 PM

Was there a limit of 1 FG Garand? And our spam can limit is 10 per year? Thanks guys.
Old 11-02-2016, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annihilator View Post
Was there a limit of 1 FG Garand? And our spam can limit is 10 per year? Thanks guys.
Yep