Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Ammunition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2017, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weimar_police View Post
Yes, I usually ship UPS ground because the same driver picks up ground or expedited. Which means he comes along almost every day on my street.

Fedex is different trucks usually.

Both of the hubs are a long ways from me, so worth it to have them come here.

USPS needs to change their rules, they lose a lot of money by not shipping pistols or ammo by regular folks.
And you think they care? Hell, they don't make any money anyway. They've been in the red and subsidized by the US Gov't for many years. Billons in the red. It's also just a Postal Service thing and the liability involved. They don't ship ANY "explosives" and a whole lot of other hazardous materials, liquids or flammables. NO doubt, very soon, you will not be able to ship ANY batteries via USPS.
Old 08-18-2017, 02:39 PM

I'm not going to flame USPS. Ask UPS or FedEx if they will take a First Class letter all the way across the country for 49 cents and see what they say.
Old 05-25-2018, 08:01 AM

Default Shipping ammo

For those of you that have shipped ammo is FedEx the carrier of choice? I've got some AP M2 that I am selling locally but might consider shipping and want to know the best methods. Any special precautions? Thanks.
Old 05-25-2018, 08:25 AM

I've used fedex and UPS. The UPS store is closer to me so I usually go to them. I've never had a problem and the old guy there never hassles me. Your mileage may vary considering the education level of the employee and the times we're living in.

As for precautions I make sure I pack it well- tape the box up well, pad the inside of the box if necessary, etc. Also shipping in the metal ammo cans takes extra weight and thus extra cost, so sometimes depending on what it is I won't ship in a can.
Old 05-25-2018, 09:37 AM

If you ship in cans, just wrap the can with corrugated board and tape the crap out of it so the gorillas can't tear it apart, put the proper labels on it, and if you don't have a free account with UPS/FedEx, take it to a SHIPPING HUB because the local pack & ship stores won't take ammo.
Old 05-26-2018, 06:39 PM

So if I have a ups account they will pick up at my house correct?
Old 05-26-2018, 08:51 PM

Just be sure the AP is legal whwre you are shipping it. It isn't every where and sometimes even prohibited in certain areas within the same state. No shipping AP ammo to CA at all.

Last edited by lapriester; 05-26-2018 at 08:53 PM.
Old 05-27-2018, 12:07 AM

I never even gave a second thought to the legality of having AP in different places. Thanks for that reminder.

Hoping to sell it locally to be honest, shipping seems like a hassle but one never knows.

No bites on my advert locally but it's only been a few days.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:39 AM

Default What is best leagle way to ship ammo ?

I am referring to old 1940's shotgun ammo.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:51 AM

No big deal. Have personally had extremely good results using UPS. Package in a strong heavy cardboard box of 200 lb. bursting strength. Pack contents securely. Make a ORM-D label and stick/tape to box. Address, etc. Use the online process to arrange for package pickup and shipping. Last time I shipped ammunition pick up was $4.00 from my house. Saved me a lot of driving, etc. HTH. Sincerely. bruce.