Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > National Match AR
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2019, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hebes405 View Post
Time to revive this thread a little. Making sure my support hand elbow, is inverted in prone, has helped me get back on target easier in rapid

Three is the Key, after all.
Old 06-23-2019, 06:05 PM

The best tip I've gotten so far is from Brandon Green when I took the SAFS. He was watching me shoot the offhand portion, and after we'd finished he told me he could tell my breathing was too shallow. That its best to try to take very deep, consistently spaced breaths throughout the entire shot process.

That one tip took me from trying to shoot 90 offhand, to averaging over 97, with a handful of cleans.

It slows your brain down. It reduces your wobble. And it allows you to stay relaxed and comfortable longer while you're waiting to break the shot. I can hold and wait for the correct sight picture much longer after applying that tip.
Old 06-23-2019, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ0608 View Post
The best tip I've gotten so far is from Brandon Green when I took the SAFS. He was watching me shoot the offhand portion, and after we'd finished he told me he could tell my breathing was too shallow. That its best to try to take very deep, consistently spaced breaths throughout the entire shot process.

That one tip took me from trying to shoot 90 offhand, to averaging over 97, with a handful of cleans.

It slows your brain down. It reduces your wobble. And it allows you to stay relaxed and comfortable longer while you're waiting to break the shot. I can hold and wait for the correct sight picture much longer after applying that tip.
Can't wait to try that out. Thanks for sharing
Old 10-31-2019, 11:27 AM

Quote:
The best tip I've gotten so far is from Brandon Green when I took the SAFS. He was watching me shoot the offhand portion....
Thank you for sharing!

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He knew war,and was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/
Old 10-31-2019, 02:21 PM

Quote:

Speaking of Mr. Green, there are two tips of his that have helped out.

1. When getting into the sitting position, walk your butt-cheeks back one step each. This puts your spine in a concave position. This helped me with comfort, head position and made it easier to keep my elbows where I want them. Went from mid-90's to upper 90's and cleans.

2. Cold water slows your heart rate and lessens pulse bounce. Take a drink of cold water right before you get down into position for the rapids. I went from bouncing 9 ring to 9 ring diagonally across the target 10:30 to 4:30, especially during sitting, to a nice 10 ring hold.
CMP HP Master
DR#2474 (2019) 1/2 with irons, 1/2 with optics