Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2019, 03:02 PM

Default Friday Closing Report

The racks are almost full. There was a 10 rifle restock at 12:00 of 1903ís.

1903, 14, SA 4, RI 4, Remington 6. There was an interesting RI 1903, #381106 w/1918 R. I. barrel and what I believe to be original stock with scripted letter P on bottom of stock, no expert, just a guess. Only downside was VFW, Hanna, Wyo on side of receiver and floor plate, nicely done.

My GUESS is a minor restock before opening of SA FG, no additional WRAís.

Other rifles remain about the same as reported this morning......

Good luck on your searches.
Old 08-23-2019, 03:06 PM

Glad Rob and Tom can shed light on what actually happened. The last thing the south store needs are accusations of "private deals" being made. Thank you gentlemen for clearing things up. I miss the days of using an agent. It was great for us that are too far away for a road trip.

Last edited by pkost; 08-23-2019 at 03:08 PM.
Old 08-23-2019, 03:20 PM

Interesting. I guess it just appeared that way. I didnít realize that they held unsold rifles behind the counter. I would have liked to have looked at it and possibly bought it if it had been on the rack, depending on if it had a matching numbered base.

Feedback thread: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=242453
Old 08-23-2019, 03:46 PM

Default M1c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americal View Post
Interesting. I guess it just appeared that way. I didnít realize that they held unsold rifles behind the counter. I would have liked to have looked at it and possibly bought it if it had been on the rack, depending on if it had a matching numbered base.
It does have a matching serial number on the base. If customers are still shopping they will put a rifle behind the counter so someone that is shopping for additional rifles can still shop and not carry the rifles around the store. I have seen one customer purchase his yearly limit of 8 rifles at one time, he had driven from MT.... They only hold them for a relatively short period and if someone abuses it they will return rifles to the rack. Itís just a store courtesy....
Old 08-23-2019, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH68 View Post
It does have a matching serial number on the base. If customers are still shopping they will put a rifle behind the counter so someone that is shopping for additional rifles can still shop and not carry the rifles around the store. I have seen one customer purchase his yearly limit of 8 rifles at one time, he had driven from MT.... They only hold them for a relatively short period and if someone abuses it they will return rifles to the rack. Itís just a store courtesy....
Iíve seen that before, seems reasonable. I guess I just didnít realize it since this guy wasnít in the store for the hour or so that I was there, then came in and went to the counter and got the rifle. I guess he had been there earlier in the day.

Feedback thread: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=242453
Old 08-23-2019, 04:19 PM

Default M1c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americal View Post
Iíve seen that before, seems reasonable. I guess I just didnít realize it since this guy wasnít in the store for the hour or so that I was there, then came in and went to the counter and got the rifle. I guess he had been there earlier in the day.
He was there at opening Paul and had looked at the rifle, just couldnít decide about the purchase. If youíre going to spend 3300.00 you sure donít want buyer remorse....
Old 08-23-2019, 08:57 PM

Stopped in the store this morning for a bayonet, box of enblocs and a pack of those cleaning patchs and got to put eyes on our buddy Tom today.
He was busy helping a fellow shooter out looking at 1903’s and I didn’t want to interfere introducing myself to him just to thank him for helping us out of town travelers.

I can do that right here!

Thanks Tom for all you do there at the store and here on the South Store site.
Old 08-23-2019, 09:31 PM

Default Store visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Dispenser View Post
Stopped in the store this morning for a bayonet, box of enblocs and a pack of those cleaning patchs and got to put eyes on our buddy Tom today.
He was busy helping a fellow shooter out looking at 1903ís and I didnít want to interfere introducing myself to him just to thank him for helping us out of town travelers.

I can do that right here!

Thanks Tom for all you do there at the store and here on the South Store site.
Thanks for your comment and sorry I missed the opportunity to visit with you. Maybe during your next visit just step in and introduce yourself. Sometimes customers get me pinned up, which I donít mind, but they do keep me busy... But itís always rewarding to help folks find that special rifle. Tom
Old 08-23-2019, 10:16 PM

Mark your calendar Mr Tom.

My son Travis and I will be shadowing you looking for your expert help before, during, and after our CMP AMC Buddy course October 1-3.

Seriously we hope to see you at the SS and maybe you can help us out with some M1 treasures.

Thank you for the time you spend helping folks and posting store reports.
Old 08-24-2019, 06:57 AM

Default Store bisit

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfamily View Post
Mark your calendar Mr Tom.

My son Travis and I will be shadowing you looking for your expert help before, during, and after our CMP AMC Buddy course October 1-3.

Seriously we hope to see you at the SS and maybe you can help us out with some M1 treasures.

Thank you for the time you spend helping folks and posting store reports.
Looking forward to seeing you gents again and hopefully we can find you both another gem... thanks for your comment.