Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2019, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deldriver View Post
Personally, you've provided so little information that it's still in doubt what you or don't. I know I asked a question about the SP presentation you say you had, but you ignored it as you have others inquiries too. I guess to some degree I agree with .Steve. so until I see more info you aren't truly serious in confirming anything.
Well lets look at it this way its gone. The guys on the net nearly 8 years ago were like you making veiled attacks on either the gun or my integrity. Now I understand the possibility of it being a Bubba Job but if you had seen the workmanship you would have thought Bubba had more talent than the Armorers who would have made an original. I found out about Standard Products Presentations about a year after I sold the parts, from Ruth's War Baby.

As far as the Standard products carbine I had it was a highly polished carbine with majority of parts polished and blued. The rear sight, trigger, mag release, safety, and front sight were polished and gold plated. The stock was my only question in that it was a Winchester Highwood stock that had gorgeous figure and an amazing finish with a proper Winchester cartouche. The cartouche is what other self proclaimed "experts" claimed was wrong. My description is from memory before I knew of a carbine club or a Data Sheet.
Old 10-17-2019, 04:38 PM

A real Standard Products presentation carbine wouldn't have a Winchester stock nor would a true presentation carbine have an Ordnance Department acceptance stamp on the stock.
Old 10-22-2019, 10:23 PM

Do you have a Standard Products Carbine you could photo and send photos, Id really love to see if you do.
Old 10-23-2019, 12:29 AM

I don’t understand why you even came on here to claim you have an IBM presentation carbine. You won’t show pictures and pretend like you are the only one who knows what they are talking about. If anyone on here knows what they are talking about, it is BQ. You have been defensive from the start and your story about your standard products presentation leaves much to be desired. Good luck finding out anything with the way you are treating people trying to help.Its common knowledge a SP presentation would not have a Winchester stock. It would have an SP stock. If it was, and I emphasize”WAS”, a SP presentation and you destroyed it, that is on you. It is not some idiot on the internets fault. If you want constructive criticism of your carbine, show pictures, or at the very least, describe what you have because you are wasting everyone’s time with this thread otherwise. Have a great day! P.S. We would all love to see if you really have an IBM presentation carbine. That is why we looked at this thread to begin with. Maybe you can “photo” it to show us once and for all.
Old 10-23-2019, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncblksmth1 View Post
Do you have a Standard Products Carbine you could photo and send photos, Id really love to see if you do.

If you google Standard Products Presentation carbine, you will find several pictures online.
Old 10-23-2019, 02:50 PM

Thank-You, Tony,

Last edited by 6 Ring; 10-23-2019 at 04:17 PM.