Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > How To's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2009, 02:10 PM

Default OK I understand now. Addedum to "Where to..."

IMR is good enough to post their reloading data online, whereas Speer rather you buy their manual. No wonder people who've been doing this for any length of time have volumes of different reloading manuals.

So my next question is, can I use the same reloading data for a bullet of the same weight, but different configuration and manufacturer?
Thanks.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:24 PM

Yes you can or at least I have for 20 years without a problem. I have stuck with the same powder for all this time.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0311 View Post
IMR is good enough to post their reloading data online, whereas Speer rather you buy their manual. No wonder people who've been doing this for any length of time have volumes of different reloading manuals.

So my next question is, can I use the same reloading data for a bullet of the same weight, but different configuration and manufacturer?
Thanks.
"can I use the same reloading data...?" - Sure you can. Every reloading manual has a disclaimer to use their data "AT YOUR OWN RISK". Speer, Hornady and others that have free loading information on-line do so to promote THEIR OWN products. But you pretty much get what you pay for. Spend the money and build your library. You'll enjoy reading the different soultions for the same problem from many experts. When you feel thourghly informed, close your eyes and jump in, the water's fine. .
Old 12-23-2009, 07:12 PM

Sometimes you get bullets that are not listed in any manual. Then you pick a load that uses a bullet close to what you have. Manuals and web info have a min and max load, start on the min end of the recipe and work up.