Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CGBTL
    • Oct 2009

I also went with a 7.62MM forged receiver. Fit and finish on mine is excellent. It is my new favorite to shoot rifle.
    http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...mber1720-1.png

Comment

• dpd3672
      • Sep 2010

I'm torn between a Fulton receiver when they go on sale, or waiting for the National Matches, when SA, Inc usually sells factory blemished receivers for about the same price.

I got lucky with an HRA bolt for $80 and an SA, Inc barrel for $75, so I should be able to get mine built for under $1200, although I'd like to "upgrade" the SA, Inc barrel to USGI.

I had a thought, recently...why doesn't HRA, who are still in business, license their name on M1A receivers...I'd think they'd do a brisk business to people who want a "genuine" M14; sorta like SA, Inc, but it would actually be the same company, not a similarly named commercial venture.
      Pictures, please; I live vicariously through the purchases of others...

Comment

• Milsurp Collector
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by dpd3672 View Post
        I had a thought, recently...why doesn't HRA, who are still in business, license their name on M1A receivers...I'd think they'd do a brisk business to people who want a "genuine" M14; sorta like SA, Inc, but it would actually be the same company, not a similarly named commercial venture.
        H&R 1871, Inc. is just as much a similarly named commercial venture as Springfield Armory, Inc. Neither is the original entity.

In the 1960s H&R was acquired by the Rowe family, and warranty cards were sent to 'Industrial Rowe', Gardner, Massachusetts. The original H&R company went out of business in 1986, and the building was demolished.

A new company, H&R 1871, Inc., was formed in 1991 and started production of revolvers, single shot rifles and shotguns using original H&R designs. H&R 1871, Inc. assets were subsequently sold to H&R 1871, LLC., a Connecticut LLC owned by Marlin Firearms Company in November 2000. H&R 1871, LLC. did not extend their product warranty to H&R guns made prior to the LLC's takeover.

Marlin, including all its H&R assets, was later acquired by Remington Arms Company in December, 2007. H&R 1871, LLC production was moved to Ilion, N.Y. (the site of Remington's original manufacturing plant) in late 2008, while their corporate offices are co-located with Remington Arms in Madison, N.C. (HR1871.com and Remington.com). Remington, along with its Marlin and H&R subsidiaries, are now part of the Freedom Group.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harrington_%26_Richardson

Comment

• TokiWartooth
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by icebluecuda View Post
          I do really appreciate the fact that the 7.62 receivers are forged, and they have a good warranty... Can't say the same for LRB. In all honesty, a (very restrictive) year is nothing if you are just covering defects in materials and workmanship.
          Really? If you go onto m14forum.com, quite a few unhappy 7.62mm owners. Bad builds, out of spec receivers. I am a believer in you do not get quality for free. I would rather pay $200 for a focused build than a free slap together.

Comment

• icebluecuda
            • Mar 2012

yeah, after reading that some armorers wont work on LRB due to the warranty, that one year matters to me. Lrb makes a good product, though they have had issues just like everybody else. I do think their M25 rail is nice though.

Several of the "gun professionals" on m14forum said that 7.62MM receivers were excellent. I wouldnt be having 7.62 build the gun.
            uhuru: (noun)/Swahili for, "you might as well go down swinging, you won't like the alternative."

Comment

• Phillies
              • Oct 2009

I got my CMP M14 kit in this week and as soon as i can find a USGI bolt I will be sending it to 7.62mm. They are even going to install my dummy selector swith on the stock for me.

Comment

• GooseHunter
                • Feb 2010

I do really appreciate the fact that the 7.62 receivers are forged, and they have a good warranty... Can't say the same for LRB. In all honesty, a (very restrictive) year is nothing if you are just covering defects in materials and workmanship.
                If you did not know already, SAI has a LIFE time warranty on their rifles
                Semper Fi

Comment

• icebluecuda
                  • Mar 2012

Originally posted by GooseHunter View Post
                  If you did not know already, SAI has a LIFE time warranty on their rifles
                  True. But I already have two parts kits from the CMP enroute. If I hadn't, it might make sense to order a new Springfield.

Now, if Springfield sold barreled actions... but they don't.
                  uhuru: (noun)/Swahili for, "you might as well go down swinging, you won't like the alternative."

Comment

• GooseHunter
                    • Feb 2010

True. But I already have two parts kits from the CMP enroute. If I hadn't, it might make sense to order a new Springfield.

Now, if Springfield sold barreled actions... but they don't.
                    Nice. If money is no issue then go with LRB. If money is a little scarce and you do not want to wait to save up then look at other options.
                    Semper Fi

Comment

• hammonje
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2010

I get my receivers as SAI seconds from someone going to Camp Perry to the National Matches. They are around $400. Can't even really find the reason why they are seconds.

Comment

• icebluecuda
                        • Mar 2012

Originally posted by hammonje View Post
                        I get my receivers as SAI seconds from someone going to Camp Perry to the National Matches. They are around $400. Can't even really find the reason why they are seconds.
                        Ha. I need better friends. Nobody I know goes to the matches.

Comment

• TokiWartooth
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by hammonje View Post
                          Wow... How do I get in on that deal?!?

Comment

Working...
                          X