Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1A/M14
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2019, 05:59 PM

Default Prices?

Aside from the forum disclaimer "This forum is for the Part Kits that CMP once sold.", why are M14 prices so high? Is it because of the fairly limited range of use ('59 to '7x)? I've become interested in finding one, and after looking, I'm confused by the cost. Decent "builds" seem to be ~ $3k, or the price of a couple Garands or carbines...

TIA!

Russ
Old 12-07-2019, 06:25 PM

You might want to be more specific on what type of M1A/M14 you are looking for. All USGI, Commercial Grade SAI or a smaller niche builder? National Match, Standard Grade, Super National Match, etc... Chrome lined barrel, USGI profile, heavy match, etc....

There are many good quality new and used rifles below the price you are quoting. Opinions differ, so you could also check over at the M14 Forum to see what is available.
Old 12-07-2019, 06:44 PM

you can get very nice rifles for half of that
Old 12-07-2019, 06:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
you can get very nice rifles for half of that
https://m14forum.com/px/495988-pre-b...1695-00-a.html
Old 12-07-2019, 10:22 PM

They are expensive, but can be had for under $1000. I once bought a used Springfield Armory, Inc. with complete USGI parts for $900. Patience and lots of looking are key; hang in there and you will find one for a lower price.
Old 12-08-2019, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM1MAN View Post
You might want to be more specific on what type of M1A/M14 you are looking for. All USGI, Commercial Grade SAI or a smaller niche builder? National Match, Standard Grade, Super National Match, etc... Chrome lined barrel, USGI profile, heavy match, etc....

There are many good quality new and used rifles below the price you are quoting. Opinions differ, so you could also check over at the M14 Forum to see what is available.
I was hoping to come up with a decent GI-issue, not sure they're even available as they may have been select-fire (showing my ignorance, I don't even know that). I just like wood furniture, don't want another black rifle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shomway View Post
Gotta be a member to see anything there, thanks though...

Russ
Old 12-08-2019, 10:39 AM

The M14 Forum is easy to join. There are a lot of folks here who are members there as well.

True M14's, NFA style, full auto capable, IIRC, run well north of $20,000.00 or more and require ATF approval/licensing.

That being said, you can find, I think, what you are looking for in an M1A, without the full auto capability, very reasonably priced. Some rifles have no USGI parts, some have a mixture of both.

Springfield Armory, Inc. is probably one of the biggest civilian market manufacturer's today, but there are other good smaller manufacturer's as well. Finding a M1A that looks like a M14 is not difficult or pricey at all. Google is your friend here.

I agree with you, wood furniture goes a long way. But, the M1A's can be just as addicting as M1 Garands, fair warning.

Last edited by GM1MAN; 12-08-2019 at 10:49 AM.
Old 12-08-2019, 11:39 AM

I picked up an unissued USGI stock with metal from Numrich (no P stamp) for under $50. Has the select fire cutout. Its going to replace the camo painted Polytech stock on mine. Furniture's the easy part.

Bill
Old 12-08-2019, 02:15 PM

I would like to know where to get new M14 clone, from any maker, with USGI parts for $900.00.
Any basic Standard GI profile cloned M14 will be around $1,200 - $1,400.
They go up from there.
Unless some person get divorced and needs to let one go due to bills, medical or otherwise, less than a G will be hard to find.

Last edited by TheFlyingDutchman; 12-08-2019 at 05:07 PM.
Old 12-08-2019, 04:53 PM

Buddy just paid $900 at his local gun shop. Deals are out there you just have to take your time and look