Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Auction
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2018, 12:07 AM

So did CMP go off the rails or what? Nothing significant has been on the auction site in about a month. Bunch of crap has been posted on it.
Old 10-23-2018, 12:38 AM

Maybe they are busy with the 1911's?..

Veteran US Army, Artillery
NRA Member
My Dad was a Gun Captain on the USS Enterprise CV-6 WWll
Old 10-23-2018, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanb View Post
So did CMP go off the rails or what? Nothing significant has been on the auction site in about a month. Bunch of crap has been posted on it.
Say what? Quite a bit has been posted for auction - maybe just not what you want.

The following are open or have closed since 20 September 2018

4 M1A1 carbines.

4 carbines.

17 Garand lots, including Collector Grades, WIN-13, consecutive HRAs, National Match rifles.

3 Bolt Action rifles, including an M1903A4 with scope and an XM-3 rifle.

3 .22 cal Rifles.

All sorts of parts.

Maybe you are right - no one would want any of those weapons in their collection!

"Life is Good!"
Old 10-23-2018, 07:38 AM

That is hardly anything. The 1 XM-3 was the rare bird. Still no good reason on why the last one disappeared but has been showing up on instagram... but that's a different gripe.
What you listed is hardly what has been showing up. The Garands and Carbines are the standard items and not much wow factor.
Unertl's have disappeared as well as AMU target rifles, M40's, a lot of the 22's. There has been a lot parts that people are paying stupid money for. (m14 stocks)
I see you rushed to their defense but something is going on whether you want to see it or not. You can't even see many projected or preloaded auctions.
Old 10-23-2018, 07:46 AM

Quote:
That is hardly anything. The 1 XM-3 was the rare bird. Still no good reason on why the last one disappeared but has been showing up on instagram... but that's a different gripe.
What you listed is hardly what has been showing up. The Garands and Carbines are the standard items and not much wow factor.
Unertl's have disappeared as well as AMU target rifles, M40's, a lot of the 22's. There has been a lot parts that people are paying stupid money for. (m14 stocks)
I see you rushed to their defense but something is going on whether you want to see it or not. You can't even see many projected or preloaded auctions.
First, what do you mean that rifle is showing up on instagram?

Second, does anyone know where they post the future inventory list for auction? I ask this because last I checked they donít have one, so how do we even know what they have available to put up? Everything the CMP has, whether sold in the stores, or at auction is a finite item. People keep acting like the CMP is intentionally sitting on stuff just so they can play with the toys on their own.
Old 10-23-2018, 08:06 AM

Quote:
"Rushed to their defense...."? Huh?

Just listed what was on the auction in the last month.

I agree that the M1911/M1911A1 sales are likely taking priority over other items, including auctions. I doubt that the CMP hired on additional people for the M1911/M1911A1 sales, and the management has to prioritize the workload. Having said that, I think that there are only a few, maybe one or two, people dedicated to the auctions. But then there is invoicing, shipping, etc to get the sold auction items out.

The auctions have swung both ways - lots and little, for years. Patience is a virtue.

"Some people would complain if they were hung with a gold rope."

"Life is Good!"
Old 10-23-2018, 08:10 AM

Here's a thought - if there is something you are specifically looking for, you might send the CMP Auction Guru an email. There is a lot in the cupboard and he might, if he has it, put it into the line for listing.

Good luck finding whatever you want.

Have a great day!
Old 10-23-2018, 04:08 PM

I could be wrong but this appears to be another example of people screwing with the auction system instead of just donating money to the CMP. Maybe there is something special about this that made it worth $52.00.

http://cmpauction.thecmp.org/detail....d-Cleaning-Rod

Maybe it is not the same as below which sells for $16.75 but it looks the same to me.

https://estore.thecmp.org/Catalog/Item/PS106

If I am wrong I would appreciate someone educating me as to the difference between the auction M10 and the store M10. If I am right and there is no difference, tell me how this is not screwing with the auction system.

GuapoPogi
Old 10-23-2018, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuapoPogi View Post
I could be wrong but this appears to be another example of people screwing with the auction system instead of just donating money to the CMP. Maybe there is something special about this that made it worth $52.00.

http://cmpauction.thecmp.org/detail....d-Cleaning-Rod

Maybe it is not the same as below which sells for $16.75 but it looks the same to me.

https://estore.thecmp.org/Catalog/Item/PS106

If I am wrong I would appreciate someone educating me as to the difference between the auction M10 and the store M10. If I am right and there is no difference, tell me how this is not screwing with the auction system.

GuapoPogi
Over bidding (something I try to avoid) does not equal "screwing with". I have been to a lot of charity auctions over the years and paying too much for the sake of charity is pretty common.
Old 10-23-2018, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdomingue View Post
Over bidding (something I try to avoid) does not equal "screwing with". I have been to a lot of charity auctions over the years and paying too much for the sake of charity is pretty common.
This is not a charity auction. I still maintain that if you want to donate to the CMP you should just mail them a check and stay out of the auctions so as to not screw the rest of us that might actually want the item that you are bidding on.

GuapoPogi
Closed Thread